Monday, April 6, 2009

RIP Iliza Fishinger

Um ya.  I killed my fish.  :(  I came home from work today, all excited to see him.  He had his nose buried in the rocks in the bottom of the aquarium.  I immediately thought he was dead.  But his little fins would move just a little bit every 5 or so minutes.  Since I don't have internet at my house, I called my madre, and she read me some info about beta fish, to see what I could do wrong.  We determined that the water temp had probably cooled too much in my apartment over night and the poor thing was freezing.  I tried to gradually heat up the water, to revive him, but it didn't work.  Seriously I had a beta in high school that I would forget to feed for weeks at a time (please don't turn me in to the Humane Society, I'm a better person now) and who lived in a dirty dirty fish bowl.  Yet I kill this one that I take such good care of.

In running news, I am also near death, so I haven't ran since Saturday.  I'm starting to go stir crazy.  I'm going to try to run tomorrow morning before work, but we'll see how I feel when I wake up.  I literally feeling like walking death.  It sucks to miss runs, especially since I've started to actually ENJOY my runs again.  I just keep telling myself that I'd rather be sick than injured, this'll clear up sooner or later.  Emphasis on the sooner!!!

2 comments:

Mica said...

Bummer about your fish and about your run! I hope tomorrow is a better, happier day. Best of luck with the run.

Cindy said...

hi! thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :) i'm sorry to hear about your fish. they seem so easy to kill, you know? get a dog-they're a lot sturdier! hope you feel better soon.