Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sickness: DEFEATED (sort of)

I have returned to the land of the well and non-deathly. For the most part anyway. I still have to blow my nose every 7 1/2 minutes and am coughing up delightful little phlem gems, but other than that, I'm a-ok. Plus I was able to get in a run last night. Double bonus. I did a nice EASY 3 miles at the gym. My legs felt good, my lungs felt fine (surprisingly), my hip didn't hurt AT ALL, but my stupid ab on the right side started hurting, so I had to slow down, which is probably good since I struggle with running "easy." Time for run: 26:34.

Tonight I have an tempo run scheduled which I'm very excited about. For some reason I love any run that has speed in it. This is probably due to the fact that I am a sprinter at heart, and only a distance gal because there just aren't very many adult 100m, 200m dash races out there. Strange. :)

In other news, my fish is still dead. Someone suggested I take it back since he didn't last a full 24 hours. Can I do that? It's really morbid to have a dead fish in my apartment, but if I can get my $4 back, I think I might.

Mica at MicaPie sent me this survey. Whoo!!!

The rules are:


1.) Fill it out


2.) Change one question with one of your own


3.) Add an additional question


4.) Send it to 3 people.

1. What are your current obsessions?
reading people's running blogs (um obviously), Pink's new CD, guacamole, Kelly Clarkson's new CD, & cardigans


2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often? my black and white t-shirt. it looks like old school wall paper. I wear it to work under a cardigan and out on the weekends. Love it.

3. Last thing you bought for yourself?


I bought myself bagel boy for lunch yesterday--2 everything bagels and an italian creme soda, otherwise I bought 2 new dresses, 2 shirts, and a cardigan from forever 21. I have eleventy billion weddings to go to, so figured I was in need of some more dresses.

4. What’s for dinner?


Hopefully big delicious cheeseburgers on the grill with all the fixins. [Taylor I hope you're reading this, I wasn't kidding]

5. Say something to the person who tagged you:


I think your blog is fabulous and I literally laugh at some point during each post. If I lived closer, I would totally invite myself over for dinner, because your culinary delights look deeeeeeeeeelicious.

6. What is one item you could not live without?


my cellphone. I'm lame. That's fine.

7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die?
Everywhere, I've gone nowhere, it's crazy. Germany & Ireland for sure. After watching vicky christina barcelona, I know feel like I need to go there. And am working on convincing the boy to accompany me.


8. Three things to do before you die:
Wow. Deep question. Travel more, run a marathon, be blissfully happy.


9. What are you reading right now?
How to Meet Cute Boys, Nickel and Dimed, She's Come Undone

10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed? Rate it out of 5 stars.

Changling 4 1/2 stars

11. What's your favorite season and why?
Fall. I love how beautiful the trees are and the crisp air. And wearing hoodies. But most importantly, it signals the start of football season. :)

12. What are you eating/do you want to eat right now?
I'm actually not eating anything, or craving anything right now. Which is really strange. Now that I've had to think about it, Chevy's chimichangas sound good. Num.

13. Best thing you ate or drank lately?
Cool Blue Gatorade

14. Care to share some wisdom?
my life motto: Passion will make you crazy, but is there any other way to live? [I've heard this quote attributed to several different people, so am unable to give it proper credit, sorry.]

15. Describe one of your happiest moments.
Nerd alert: My best friend (who wasn't actually my best friend at the time, just the beginning of her happy r'ship together) and I were going to the Harry Potter release party for the 6th book. First we went to B&N for the party, and to take photos, and get sweet glasses. Then we went to Applebee's for drinks and dessert where we discovered crack in the form of dessert: maple butter blondie, something or other. Seriously, the best dessert ever, and the after effects have to be similar to a crack-high. I wouldn't know. Then we went to the ghetto-Walmart in town to wait in line for the book (and get the cheapest price in town). It was a great great night. :)


16. What was your best Halloween costume? I dressed up as an Elf one year. Those pictures are probably not blog appropriate though. [Ok just double checked on the photos, confirmed that they are not blog appropriate.]

17. What do you have an addiction to? everything bagels, fettuccine alfredo, ice water, and cheese cake
18. What do you do that you would be embarrassed for others to know about? I'm sure there's something, but nothing I would care to admit on the internet. :p

19. What was your first screen name? jerilee40

20. Do you have a weird talent? Please elaborate if yes: I learned to wiggle my ears. Wiggling your ears is not that special, but the fact that I taught myself how, makes it special. Oh and my eyes change colors with my mood.


I tag:

Cindy at delusions of other people's grandeur b/c she's my newest follower (hurrah!) sorry if you hate these, and don't want to do it, I'll understand. :)

Kathryn at MISSION MKWC: Matt & Kathryn World Conquest but not Matt b/c I don't care about his answers. :p jk darling.

Aron at runner's rambles b/c she had the funniest picture of her pets' loungeday on her blog today

Peace out!

Um...sorry about the weird spacing, etc. I can't seem to get the format to correct itself. Apparently I suck at copy and paste? Awesome.

3 comments:

Aron said...

thanks for the tag :) glad you like the pic, they are hilarious pets.

love these surveys! its always fun to learn new things about bloggers! :)

Cindy said...

thanks! i think those things are fun. i love the nerding out harry potter pic! can't wait for the next movie...

Mica said...

Thanks for the nice compliment. I'm glad my blog post makes you laugh.

OMG, I LOVE guacamole and bagels, though I haven't had the latter in a long time. There aren't any good bagel places here. I might have to go scout some out for post-half carb reloading!