Thursday, June 30, 2011

June in Review + Minneapolis Recap

June in Review
Total Miles:  80.6 down from 87.6 last month. (90.5 miles from June 2010.)

Total Time: 13:11:09 from 14:05:55 last month. (14:18:41 last June.)

Total Runs: 18 for an average of 4.48/run.

Highest weekly mileage
6/20/2011 — 6/26/2011:27.4 Mi  4:41:41


Favorite run: I had a lot of fun on the Runners Block group run.  Granted it was hot as ballz, but it was so fun to be out running with a group of people.  The delicious bagels after the run didn't hurt. :)

Most hardcore run:  I'd say my 4x800m repeats on the treadmill while trying not to drown in my own sweat.

Favorite race:  None.  :(  Still trying to get the bod back to 100% post-Fargo.

Bike Miles: 15.  Almost doubled last month--8.5.  Hah.

Favorite Jams:  Since I've been running with so many friends, I've been leaving the tunes at home.  Kind of a nice break.

And I was super lame and never got around to showing the tales of my Minneapolis weekend.  So here I go.  We got in to town on Friday night and got all gussied up for a night on the town.  We hit up a great restaurant with super cute and delicious drinks.  And then painted the town red with our dance moves.  I haven't danced in a long time.  And wow.  My calves were not happy on Saturday.
My bfff and I before heading out for dinner.

My bfff and I and the bride to be!

It looks like Jenn is presenting Sheana's face in this picture, and I kind of love that.

And because I can't take more than one normal pic in a row.... we end up with this.

Perhaps my eye was bothering me.... we'll use that as the excuse for the quasimodo squint.

Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed out for brunch at the Cheeky Monkey.  Mmmmmm.  It was so good.  The mimosas were amazing as well.  From there we went to the wedding venue per the bride's request and then to some patio bar for some drinks and dessert.  Hello my two favorite things.  :)  Next up was a German festival (the bride is from Germany, so she was sooooooooo excited to go).  We went out to some more bars later, but this little ol' lady was quite tuckered out.  Uff da.  I jsut can't bachelorette-party-it-up like I used to be able to.  Don't ask me how I was able to pull of a long run the next day....

Patio bar.  Cheese balls+cheesecake+beer FTW!

Mmmm bier.
Check out Mile Posts' great Saucony shoe giveaway.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

whatever, you know your favorite jam this month was "Monster" ;) :D

you should check out "My Body" by Young the Giant....it's perfect!!!!

...and you have to listen to it SUPER LOUD to experience it's full effect :)

Richelle said...

Did you by chance go to the News Room? I had a drink spilled on me there by the bartender. Got my drink comped, but I'll never go there again.

I've heard so many good things about the Cheeky Monkey. I will have to check it out!

Katie said...

nice job on doubling your bike miles U R SO AWESOME LOLZ!

seriously, though, love your pics. i have the same disorder when being photographed, i always am making some kind of weird face.

Anonymous said...

Your milage is impressive! I was just looking over mine for the month, and I was not impressed!! I tried to tell myself it was bc I did more bodyPump classes this month - but, still - disappointing!

Love your pics btw!

Anonymous said...

it looks like you had an awesome June with some great friends and great milage! I hope your July has fun things in store!

Anonymous said...

You did way better for running in June than me... I still need to get around to recapping June. Looks like a fab weekend in Mpls! Hope you feel back to 100% soon and don't have any more hip troubles.

audgepodge said...

Cute pics! Looks like a fun weekend!!! :)