Thursday, February 6, 2014

January in Review + February Goals

January in Review


Total Miles: 60.5 up from 18 last month. 
Total Time: 11:00:48 up from 3:12:43 last month.  
Total Runs: 12 runs, average of 5 miles per run.
Highest weekly mileage:  1/6-1/12 24 miles
Favorite run
Gorgeous 10 miler that felt pretty effortless.

Most hardcore run



6.45 fartlek in questionable footing, including almost being struck by a car.

Favorite race: NA
Bike Miles
: 0, but I did have a dream about my bike and it made me want to ride it. 
Favorite Jam:  Christina Perri's Human. 

February Goals

At the end of my 101 in 1001 challenge, I looked at my list daily to see what I could accomplish. With that idea in mind, I'm going to attempt to implement some short term goals for myself, utilizing some of the items on my 101 in 1001 list, some things to make me a better runner, etc.
  • Hit 100 miles for the month. This should be easy peasy if I don't get lazy/injured/sick. 
  • 12 ab sessions. I've been trying for 3/week.
  • Finish a classic novel. Currently listening to The Great Gatsby on audiobook. The narrator is pretty amazing.
  • Have one super stellar long run.
  • Have one speed session that makes me feel like I'm a speedy runner again.
  • Get a few pounds closer to my racing weight.
  • Run 3 of 3 scheduled long runs.
  • Run 3 of 3 scheduled speed work sessions.
  • See one Oscar Nominated best picture movie.
  • Read Printz award winning book 2014--Midwinterblood
  • Try one new recipe
Happiest of birthdays to running BFF Jenn! Wish I could spend your day with you!


Can't wait for our next excessively humid and muddy LR together! Love you. 

1 comment:

Renee said...

I've decided I would like it if you lived closer. I think we could do long runs together. Rosie would come along too.