Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring "Goal" Race

As I mentioned previously this week, I found a race to train for! With yoga teacher training every other weekend, and working Saturdays of my "off" yoga weekends, it has been impossible to find a race to train for, sooner than mid-June. Well I've learned something about myself, and that's if I don't have a race to train for, I end up not running.

I was putzing around on some race calendars a couple of weeks ago, and happened to find a 6:30am race on a Friday morning that I happened to have off from work. Wahoo! Goal race! It's only a 5k, but it'll be nice to have a shorter race to focus on as I build up my running again. And it's hard to tell myself I don't have time to go for 2-5 mile runs, since the last training program I followed included 20 milers.

So I have seven weeks to see what kind of 5k shape I'm in! I'm hoping to get in 3 runs a week: speed, long, and easy. Let's see how this goes. :)

No comments: