Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Base Building Week 5 and 6

Week of January 23-29

Monday Planned: General Aerobic 5 miles
Monday Actual: I went home sick from work at lunch, so I did zero miles.

Tuesday Planned: Rest/Cycling/Power
Tuesday Actual: Rest. Skipped power because I still wasn't feeling well.

Wednesday Planned: General Aerobic 3 Miles
Wednesday Actual: I skipped the run for dinner with Emily. It was super cold and tons of snow and I regret nothing!

Thursday Planned: General Aerobic 3 Miles
Thursday Actual: I recruited a treadmill accountability buddy for after work and hung on for 5 general aerobic miles.

Friday Planned: Rest
Friday Actual: Travel day, didn't feel like rest, but zero miles.

Saturday Planned: General Aerobic 3 Miles
Saturday Actual: Super early morning shakeout run with Dominique around her neighborhood. She took me on all the hills and my legs felt like death, so we did 2 miles. I think we walked 6-7 miles sightseeing so I was just fine cutting it short.

Sunday Planned: Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon Race 13.1 miles
Sunday Actual: Half Marathon with a long course 13.4 miles.

Total Mileage:  20.4 miles.

Week of January 30-February 5
Recovery Week

Monday Planned: Rest
Monday Actual: Rest. Tons of Walking. All the delicious food in Ft. Worth.

Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: Rest and travel home. :(

Wednesday Planned: General Aerobic 5 Miles
Wednesday Actual:I had planned to run 2-3 at group run, but I didn't pack nearly warm enough stuff. So I spent the 30 minutes foam rolling and sticking before an hour of yin yoga.

Thursday Planned: Rest/Cycling
Thursday Actual: Rest.

Friday Planned: Rest/Cycling
Friday Actual: Beautiful three miles. No pain no brokenness. Seven whole minutes of running in the sunlight!

Saturday Planned: General Aerobic 5 Miles
Saturday Actual: I sat on the couch and watched Sherlock with the pug.

Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday ActualI attempted my long run again and ended up with 3.76 miles. I was exhausted, cut it short, and took walk breaks. Oh well, that's what recovery week is for! 60 minutes of yin yoga. 

Total Mileage: 6.76 miles

No comments: