Monday, February 20, 2017

Being Sick

I usually have a pretty good idea of what to do with my training when I get sick. Working at a public library, I come down with little "crap" all of the time. Not fun. I usually give myself a day off after I'm feeling better just to make sure that my already compromised immune system doesn't knock me back on my butt for heading out for a run.

This last week was torture! It was the never-ending illness. I had 48 hours of terrible terrible, I think I'm dying sickness. Followed by exhaustion and extremely upset stomachness (although nothing like the first 48 hours). I went to work since I was able to and I knew that my gallbladder wasn't contagious, but I was freaking exhausted from it. And my low back was killing me (the leftover pain from my gallbladder attack).

Saturday was the first day that my back didn't hurt, and I really wanted to go out for a long run, until my stomach started bothering me yet again. Sunday I had thought about an easy 3 just to make sure my body still knew how to run, but ended up scrapping that too. Uff da.

It's been a really long time since I've been *this* sick and I don't know if I handled it well or not. It's hard to see a 0 mile week heading in to the hardest half marathon training cycle of my life... probably. Uff. At least my body should be nice and fresh for some miles, because my brain is certainly fret with doubt.

On a similar note: who's had their gallbladder out and how was the recovery on it? I've been putting it off for years, but I refuse to ever be as sick as I was during this last attack. It was bad. I now understand why most people go to the ER during their attacks. Uff. I may try to stretch it out to go on a Friday of a cutback week... :|

No comments: