Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Banquet 10k Race Goals + Maintenance Week


I took a brief poll on instagram the other day because I couldn't decide whether to run the 10k or the 5k on Thanksgiving. It's going to be so nice here, so I think I was excited when the vote swung to 10k. But then I had to think of a time goal. I want to run a hard 10k, but I'm not really sure what that'll look like. I haven't raced a 10k well in 3.5 years, so we'll see what that ends up looking like, but I'd like to be in the 8:30-8:40s for pace.

Maintenance Week November 13th-19th

Monday: Rest. I had plans to run with Toni after work, and then she was sick. And by the time I got home, I just couldn't get myself off the couch to go solo.

Tuesday: I had a horrible night of sleep Monday night and a run sounded miserable. Off to a great start this week! [sarcasm font]

Wednesday: Group run at 605 with company from my BRF. We're on the no-plan plan this week so we were thinking 3-4. I love when we do that, because we always end up going on the longer range. 4 miles done followed by yoga.

Thursday: Toni and I met up after work for some more miles. Since I didn't run Monday or Tuesday we opted for six, and I love how nbd 6 milers feel nowadays. That used to be a legit long run! #progress



Friday: Up and at em at 4am to make it to the coffee run for 4 miles and all the coffee after. Best way to start the day!






Saturday: Yoga at the brewery!

Sunday: 9 mile long run on the most beautiful winter day. If it could stay in the 30s with no snow or freezing rain or ice, I would love running a million times more!!




Total miles: 23.13 miles. Not quite the 25 I had as a goal, but pretty darn close!

No comments: