Thursday, July 5, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 1

Monday Planned: GA+Speed 8 miles 10x100
Monday Actual: Opted to rest, foam roll, stick and ice my knee for one more day.


Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: Went out for an easy 4 mile to see how the knee would feel. Yay! It was great. And then I had a ton of pressure in my knee after the run. Grumble.





Wednesday Planned GA 4 miles
Wednesday Actual: I wasn't going to run as my knee was still being a little weird, and then I was feeling sick to my stomach, but when I got to the group run it was a Hoka demo run, so I had to try them out! 2 whole miles and my knee felt pretty ok. I also had my hour strength class in the wee hours of the morning. The strides felt meh. on my knee.





Thursday Planned Rest
Thursday Actual: Rest. Ice, foam roll, stick. 


Friday Planned: Recovery 3 miles
Friday Actual: More Rest. 
Ice, foam roll, stick. 

Saturday Planned: Med-Long 12 miles
Saturday Actual: I was optimistic that I could run long after all the days off, I was wrong. I did attempt a short easy run in the afternoon to test out the knee and I had a new pain in a new part of my knee. Great!


Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Rest. Ice. Band Work. 60 min float spa.


Total Mileage Planned: 27 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  6.38 miles

No comments: