Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 3

Monday Planned: GA+Speed 8 miles with 10x100 
Monday Actual: 8 GA miles in the blazing heat, 95 with the heat index. Needless to say I nixed the strides so I didn't die. Gosh it was so hot. Heat training at its finest!





Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: Sweet sweet rest.


Wednesday Planned GA 8 Miles
Wednesday Actual: GA 3.38 miles. I had planned on doing 3, expecting to slow way down because it was just disgustingly humid out. But then Chris and I took a turn onto a bridge that was closed and we had to reroute, and I was close to jumping in the river to just end things right then and there. Uff da. 100+ heat index. I also had POWER in the morning.


Thursday Planned Rest
Thursday Actual: Rest. I strongly considered making up my leftover miles from Wednesday night. I even had my bag packed. And as the last few minutes ticked off the clock at work, I just COULD NOT make myself run in the extreme heat and humidity again this week, especially on my own. I really just wanted a night to snuggle my pug.


Friday Planned: Recovery 4 miles
Friday Actual: Recovery 4 miles. I woke up bright and early for the coffee run, and messaged the ladies I was hoping to run with as it was raining. One after the other they all bailed on me. None the less, I persisted! And then I got ten minutes from home, and it started to lightning. So I came home, pulled Ollie out of her kennel and changed back into PJs to sleep. I did the 4 miles after work instead and let me tell you, 85 degrees felt like HEAVEN after the week of oppressive heat and humidity we've had!




Saturday Planned: Long 16 miles with 10 at MP
Saturday Actual: Long 16 miles with 7 at MP. I had Kristin's company for the first 7 miles that just flewwwwww by. We picked up to marathon pace mid-way through mile 7 as I hadn't realized we were that far into the run already, since it was going by so fast! I hit a really nice groove and got in 7 MP miles (9:20s-9:30s for now) but then my heart rate really started to creep up, so I went off of effort for the last 3 miles instead of pace. Somewhere along the way, I lost my 3rd salt pill, so I suspect that's why I started to feel pretty bleh the last few miles. Still super pumped to run that well, and knock out that long of a run with a workout, with most of the hard miles solo!


And then I taught yoga. Busy morning!


Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: 3.6 recovery miles. I was really nervous that this run would feel like garbage, as most recovery runs after long-long runs do. And it was hot and humid so I thought for sure I'd need to stop and walk to keep my heart rate where it needed to be. But it was a-ok and my legs felt fine, and I met two neighborhood pugs in the process!








Total Mileage Planned: 35 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  35 miles





No comments: