Thursday, September 27, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 13

Monday Planned: Recovery+speed 4 miles w 6x100
Monday Actual: When your recovery run is so chill that your watch is like, go run again, that was NBD. AND I DIDN'T FORGET STRIDES. WHO AM I?!?! Turns out a vacation day from work means zero stress which means run is chill af.






Tuesday Planned: GA 5 miles
Tuesday Actual: GA 5 miles with Chris and Melissa, although Melissa doubled back to pick up another running friend. I got to explore a part of the bike trail I've never seen before!





Wednesday Planned VO2 Max 10 miles, 5x600m @ 5k
Wednesday Actual: 7 miles total with 2x600 and 1 x400.

3.3 Miles at the group run in torrential rains, splashing through flooded out parts of the bike trail and maybe or maybe not being pelted with hail for a minute or so.
Followed by 3.7 miles of the aforementioned work which was cut short by lightning going from 9 Mississippis away to 3 Mississippis away and lighting up the track like a Christmas tree. I ran to my car so fast I didn't even get a picture.





Thursday Planned Recovery 5 miles
Thursday Actual: POWER + Foam Rolling. My stomach felt terrible all after noon. The torrential rains continued and much of the area was underwater due to extreme flooding. I took this as my cue to take advantage of the taper.





Friday Planned: GA 4 Miles
Friday Actual: Recovery 4 miles. Coffee run with Kristin's company. First cold run of the fall!!! Insert Heart emoji eyes here.




Saturday Planned: Long Run 16 miles
Saturday Actual







Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Recovery run 5 miles around town, after all the procrastination.




Total Mileage Planned: 44 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  41.24 miles. It kills me that I didn't hit all my miles this week. First time this entire cycle. Thanks epic lightning storm. Eyeroll.

No comments: