Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Easy Run + Early Foto Friday + 2 A Day?

Foto Friday came early this week.  Just because this pic is too cute to wait.  :)  Somehow the red sunglasses were stolen/lost by my drunk booty at some point during the night.  :(  Taylor was less than pleased, to say the least.  Too fun.

This morning I drug my butt out of bed, but did NOT want to run.  Usually once I'm up in the morning, I'm excited for my run, but not today.  I think I need to stop eating dairy.  :(  This is probably obvious for those of you who know that I'm lactose intolerant but I l.o.v.e. cheese.  But my consumption of it as of late has made me feel like crap.  Last night after Tay's softball games, we went to Old Chicago and I had a roasted tomato/spinach calzone.  It was awesome, but my stomach was not very happy this morning.  Dairy out.  Or else I need to be more consistent with taking lactase pills when I do eat it.

Anywho, the 5 miles was pretty uneventful.  Gorgeous sunrise to enjoy, so that was nice.  But it was definitely cool this morning at 5:45am.  It got me thinking about what I'll do once it starts to get cold.  Shortly after the Sioux Falls 1/2 Marathon on September 13th, it's going to be cold, and dark early in the morning.  I'm afraid if I go back to being an after work runner, I'll come up with awesome reasons not to run.  :(  We'll have to see I guess.

I finished the 5 miles in 46:32 for an avg. pace of 9:19 (supposed to be 9:40 now, but close enough).  It felt "easy" except for the first mile.  Which, coincidentally, was my slowest mile.  Weird.
1.  9:51
2.  9:16
3.  9:23
4.  9:04
5.  8:58

Now, I'm bored.  And I'm contemplating doing my easy 5 that is slated for tomorrow, tonight.  Make it my 2nd 2-a-day run.  I'm going to try to convince loverboy to come out for a bit of it with me.  I could really use to sleep in tomorrow, so it'd be great to get it out of the way tonight.  Unfortunately, that would probably mean that I would be antsy tomorrow, and would want to run anyway.  I think I have the running fever.  EEEK!

12 comments:

Danielle said...

So cute, love the shades!

I have a question for you dear- have you ever taken a running hiatus? I'm hoping you have, only because I a, in the midst of one but at this point I'd love to get back into the routine of running... I'm just not sure how. Mentally is where my problem's at :( any advice?

J said...

I know what you mean about getting up and once I am up I want to run! It is great! I have trouble with dairy too but only after runs!!

Kathleen said...

Cute pic :)
Ugh, the first mile always sucks for me too. Especially when its still dark outside!

Mica said...

I always think getting out and finishing a run before the sun comes out would be really cool and a great thing to brag about. Maybe you can keep up the morning runner deal and be the coolest girl on the block!

No Longer Using said...

i've been thinking about how my running is different in the cold vs heat. cuz this is the first summer i've really done distances and the handheld waterbottle has been a saving grace. i love that in between temp ...

GREAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and hooooyeah hold on to that fever :)

Amy said...

Woooooo running fevahhh!

That picture is realllly really cute. You should frame it!

Anonymous said...

Cute picture!

No Longer Using said...

yes! i have an abbreviated version here: http://objectsandevents.blogspot.com/2009/02/interview-me-thats-what-she-said.html

it's the "short q+a" if you click the link on the right side of my blog. i should update it though cuz i feel like i have more to say! :) that's the nice thing about running. it's ongoing and it evolves.

Anonymous said...

Ha - it's not a Bad thing to have (Running fever)!! Better than the "I am so Sick of running" fever, eh? ;) If you're up for it, why not do the 5 and treat yourself to a little sleep tomorrow? I wish I had that motivation today!!

Julia said...

cute photo!
I totally feel antsy when I don't run. In fact, my "rest" days are my least favorite!

Jamie said...

Supa cute pic! The first mile (and sometimes in my case the first several miles) is the hardest. Great pace!

Sarah said...

Super Duper cute glasses!! I haven't eaten at Old Chicago in ages. Sounds yummy - even if it upset your belly.