Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm cheating on morning running with HARRY POTTER!



Oh 'arry Potta, I heart you. I may or may not have had the movie premier date written on my calendar back in December (or whenever they re-announced the premier date). Since then I had planned on attending the midnight showing, because I am a NERD. (Sidenote: I ALSO may or may not have re-read all the books this winter in preparation for the movie release.) I even did some rearranging of my work schedule so I wouldn't have to come in to work 4 hours after going to bed. Call me Hardcore for Harry. With this sort of planning, obviously my running schedule had to be tweaked a bit also.

There was no way I was going to wake up at 4:30am to run if I had no shot at taking a nap at some point during the day. I don't care how fabulous the movie is (oh, and it's gonna be) I would be falling asleep after being awake almost a full 24 hours. That doesn't fly with this sleeping beauty. ALSO, it was storming this morning. And I only had my new pretty CLEAN shoes with me at Taylor's, and I refused to get them dirty on their christening run.

To accommodate the random schedule I did a easy 4 after work today.  Except that it was anything but easy.  :(  We had a storm the last hour of work today, so of course there was a blanket of humidity left in its wake.  Ugh.  That and I couldn't get my legs to slow down.  Which caused my ab pain to start, which IMMEDIATELY made my legs slow down.  Tricky job body, tricky tricky....  I was hot, I was sweaty, I was HUNGRY.  Blah.  I was actually supposed to do 5 but decided to flop my easy 4 from later in the week with this one since it was being so craptastic.  Luckily, the last mile felt pretty good, so it was only the middle too that suuuuucked.  I left my Garmin at home, so I don't have my splits here is what I can recall.  4 miles in 37:11 for a pace of 9:18.  
1.  9:01 (whoops)
2.  9:25
3.  9:38
4.  9:07?  I remember the first three, but didn't look at the 4th.  If my math is correct, that would be the difference. If not, who cares.  :)

After the run I had a green-ish monster to cool off (and to hold me over for a late dinner).  I was out of 'naners, so I used 5 strawberries instead of the 3 I usually use, what teeny tiny amount of spinach I had left, and a kiwi along with some protein powder, vanilla soy milk and ice ice baby.  It was actually really really good.  I was kind of getting sick of the banana's overwhelming taste in them, so it was a nice change of pace.  Plus the kiwi gave it a ZING.  :)

Tomorrow I will do my easy 5 after work at about 8pm (or potentially my tempo run depending on the weather). And then I'll hook back up with morning running on Thursday morning (which will be a true biatch I'm sure) with a tempo run. To help my legs get ready for the Wild West Relay in 24 days (!!!!!!!!!) I'll be doing an easy 4 miles Thursday evening. My first double day. WHOO!

Now I'm off to eat some delicious shrimp fajitas at Chevy's with my old roomie and HP fan. Then we'll be spending a couple of hours waiting in line at the theater to ensure we get a good seat. EEEEEEEE! So excited.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

haha! I'm doing the SAME thing! We have tickets for the 12:38 am showing. Cannot wait at all! Enjoy :)

Jamie said...

Oh I am so jealous you got midnight tickets for Harry! I can't wait to see it. I'm hoping to sneak a viewing in while I'm supposed to be at work (yay for working from home!) Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Nice job re-arranging the schedule and making it work. No worries having to cut it a mile!

Mica said...

YESSSS! WE'RE GOING TO MIDNIGHT SHOWINGS. I might have to push my five-miler until tomorrow night since I won't get to sleep until what? 3am? Booooo, but it's so worth it for Harry Potter!

J said...

I hope harry potter was good! i am going to see it Friday! There was no way I was going to be able to go at midnight and then work two more days of 10 hours!!

Anonymous said...

I've been slacking for this new one! I haven't reread #6 yet :/ ahhhh. hope the movie was AWESOME!!!

way to plan Way ahead with those runs too :) good stuff. have a snack next time before the run - feeling hungry is no good!!

No Longer Using said...

totally fair to rearrange your schedule :) that's why it is yours! :) hehehe. oooh harry potter- you are a true fan!!! my sis is the same way. i have not enough patience to re-read them all... but i'm going to see the movie on friday! hooray!

Glenn Jones said...

I trust the movie was good! Two of my kids went. My younger son actually made quite the day out of it - he and his friends got in line about noon and had a great time even before the movie started!

I don't know how you folks deal with the weather! I remember rain from the sky down, followed by sun and then rain from the ground up! At least that's what it seemed like. Way to go to get a good run in in less than ideal conditions!

Cindy said...

oh, man--how was it?? i am really excited to see it. count me in as a nerd as well. i really liked that book, so i hope the movie is as good. can't wait to see your review!

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Hehe you're not the only HP fan I know waiting in line! Hope the movie was great, I hope I can get in to see it soon...

You look like you're doing awesome with your training! WWR is gonna be no sweat for you...although I don't know about me, hopefully I can get back in the swing of things pretty quickly!