Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ICE!

Good new kiddos!  I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, although it may seem that way since I haven't blogged since the 13th.  Oooopsies. The night before my half marathon we went to the ICE! show at the Gaylord Texan.  I've never been to an ice show, but it was pretty cool.  Also, I felt pretty B.A. when everyone was shivering inside (the temps are kept in the single digits if I remember correctly) and in my head I was thinking, "I've done long runs in this weather!"  :p
The line for the show took for.ev.er.  Definitely not what you want to be doing the night before you're attempting to PR in a race, but oh well.  I decided to snap some pics of my cutie nephew Harrison.  The decorations were so pretty.  Definitely made me want to invest in some high quality decorations for my place.  Maybe next year!







Harrison and my brother.  They look so much alike it's actually kind of creepy.


When we finally got to the front of the line, they were handing out huge blue parkas to wear.  They were pretty darn stylish.
Harrison really liked the ice sculptures.  He had this face on for the majority of the tour.






Harrison and his mom posing in front of one of the sculptures.
I pretty much wanted to check in to the hotel.  It was the most beautiful winter wonderland.


When we first arrived in the hotel, I spotted this gorgeous tree that I knew I needed to take a picture in front of.  Constructing one of my own is definitely on the list for next year. :p

Yes he's a cutie.  I know.  :)

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Those are so cool! I wish I could go to a show like that!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Great pix! Looks like more than a really fun fast Half Marathon was happening on your trip. Cute family. Welcome back as well. Merry Christmas!

No Longer Using said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! i think he knows he is adorable :)

very very cool show!

Jen Feeny said...

I love the Gaylord ICE displays! How cool that yours had a Grinchmas theme! The one in orlando is typically the same thing ever year but I love it! Love all the pics, he is adorable!!!

Heather said...

Your nephew is adorable!

Mica said...

How is it I've never heard of these shows? It looks awesome.

Love you and your family on ice!