Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Brookings Half Training Week 7

Week of April 3-9
Monday Planned: General Aerobic + Speed 8 miles 2 sets 4x150 strides

Monday Actual: 8 miles with Toni. I felt TERRIBLE during the run, so we scrapped the strides. I couldn't tell if I was on the verge of getting sick or what, but I couldn't breathe while I was running. After the run I realized that I had a rib out of place, and it was effecting my breathing. Ugh. NOT FUN. At one point my heart rate was 189 (my max is 192/196). Needless to say, there were some walk breaks. Thank goodness for Toni.
















Tuesday Planned: Recovery 5 miles 4x100
Tuesday Actual: Tuesday I still didn't feel well, I woke up way early to go to POWER at 5:30am. My chest was hurting, and I felt sick, so I went home to rest. I finally got my epsom salt bath in that I've been planning every single day.



Wednesday Planned: Long Endurance 10 Miles
Wednesday Actual: Since we were racing this weekend, we decided to get in our long run on Wednesday night. We went the unconventional route by doing 4 miles before yoga, and then another 6 after. Second yogathalon COMPLETE.



Thursday Planned: Rest

Thursday Actual: Sweet sweet rest. Oh rest, how I love thee so. I spent a good amount of time foam rolling and sticking.

Friday Planned: Recovery 4 Miles 4x100 m strides

Friday Actual: Toni convinced me to wake up in the 4s to do the weekly coffee run. Since it was pitch dark, we did 4 mile recovery with no strides.

Then, there was coffee!



Followed by more foam rolling, sticking and RAD rollers before bedtime. Race Day ready!


Saturday Planned: Chilly Cheeks 5 Mile + Warm up/Cool Down
Saturday Actual: Toni and I arrived super early to get in a 2 mile warm up. I did some warm up drills, saw the 10 miler off, and then stood around forever. Maybe a super early warm up is a bad idea.

Then we had the Chilly Cheeks 5 mile race. Race report to come!

And had planned to do 3 miles of cool down after, but I wanted to cheer on my friends running the ten mile and then it took quite some time for the awards to get started, so 70 minutes after I'd finished running I was freezing and very tight, so I opted to skip my cool down. I did spend a lot of time running around the finish line, so surely that counts for something, right?


Sunday Planned: Recovery 5 miles 4x100
Sunday Actual: 5.3 miles of hiking out at Good Earth State Park. Gorgeous.



Total Mileage Planned: 41 miles

Total Mileage Actual: 34.4 miles

No comments: