Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Twin Cities 10 Mile Training Week 1

Week of July 10-16

Monday Planned: General Aerobic + Speed 6 miles 8x100 strides
Monday Actual: 6 miles with 8x100 strides.

When my alarm went off in the morning, I silenced it, rolling back over to sleep. I hoped that I wouldn't regret this decision after work. Luckily for me, we had the heat after work, but the humidity had dropped significantly. It was 84 degrees with only 50% humidity, so it felt amazing out. We had a snafu at work that caused me to stay later, so I started running at 6:15pm, so I was STARVING throughout the run and thought I was going to die during the final mile and a half. Uff. Mental note: time to start stashing snacks at work for pre-run fuel again. 6 miles done!



Tuesday Planned
General Aerobic 5 miles 
Tuesday Actual: 3 miles.

I met up with Sarah for our group run from Revolution. We got in 3 miles followed by 30 minutes of yoga. I had planned to go out for two more after but didn't. Oops. The humidity was just shy of 100%, so despite it being at a nice easy comfortable pace, we kept describing the humidity as "gaspy."




Wednesday PlannedGeneral Aerobic 3 miles
Wednesday Actual: 3 miles.
I got in my 3 miles with Bob during the group run at 605. It was so incredibly hot and humid.




Thursday Planned: LT 7 miles, 2x12 min with 4 min jogs in between 
Thursday Actual: LT 7 miles.

My BRF is back! And it's our one year friendivarsary! We met up for our first workout of the training cycle. We ran a mile to meet up, then another warm up mile together, followed by our LT miles, a cool down mile together and a solo cool down mile by ourselves. The LT miles were HARD. It was so humid out. But it felt pretty badass going on with the rest of my workday after accomplishing a challenging run! And BRF miles are always great. 



Friday Planned: Sanford POWER
Friday Actual: Rest. As I was logging my miles in my training log, I realized that I hadn't taken a rest day since a week ago Wednesday. Uff. I knew if I did POWER I'd need to do a couple of miles shake out so I could do my long run Saturday, and I knew I couldn't move my long run, so I skipped POWER, and slept in instead.



Saturday Planned: Endurance 10 miles
Saturday Actual: 10 miles!

The real feel temp for Saturday was projected at 103 degrees, so I was up at 5:30am to get ready for our long run. We got started at 6:40am and it was so incredibly humid. I was sweaty just getting my stuff gathered before we took off! My first mile was really heavy tired legs, but then things shook out and before we knew it we were at the 5 mile turn around! Mile 6 was rough, but after we got water refills at mile 7 I felt like a whole new woman, and we were able to pick up the pace the last few miles without picking up the effort level.

We managed to run a slightly faster pace this week than last week, running 2 miles further, in much hotter and humid conditions. WIN!





Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: I had two miles remaining for the week, so I opted to do a super easy shake out run before it heated up too much. I kept it super easy.




Total Mileage Planned: 31 miles

Total Mileage Actual:  31 miles. This is one of the highest mileage weeks I've had in forever! I went back through my log and I hit 31 miles and 36 miles during my training cycle for Brookings, so I think this training cycle is off to a good start!

No comments: