Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Training Week 2

Monday Planned: GA+Speed 8 miles 2 sets 4x150 strides
Monday Actual: 6 miles, a few strides, some walk breaks. All of the sun and very tired legs on gravel. Followed by an ice bath in the lake after. Magical.

























Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: Rest + massage.


Wednesday Planned GA 7 Miles
Wednesday Actual: GA 8 miles, 4 miles before yoga and 4 after.





Thursday Planned
 10 miles, 5 @ LT
Thursday Actual: I opted to swap the 10 miles with workout for the 10 mile long run since Saturday will be so much nicer. 10 degrees in 93 degrees made me feel like a rock star.
























Friday Planned: Recovery 3 Miles
Friday Actual: 3 Miles of recovery. I waited until it was way too hot, and after Thursday night's run, I was just pooped/wiped. I ended up walk/running a lot the second half of the run. 




Saturday PlannedEndurance 10 Miles
Saturday Actual
During work on Friday, I tweaked my knee moving some furniture and spent the rest of the day limping horribly. It felt better Saturday but I opted to take a rest day. Spent a lot of time icing, ibuprofen, and foam rolling. I wanted to do my long run on Sunday, but Toni was my voice of reason and required me to rest another day. Probably smart with grandma's half just two weeks away!

Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Rest, more ice, foam rolling.


Total Mileage Planned: 38 Miles
Total Mileage Actual:  27 miles

No comments: