Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Skedaddle + Fargo Half Marathon Training Week 1

Monday Planned: GA 8 Miles
Monday Actual: Rest. It was so frigid that I opted for a rest day and moved the run to Tuesday.

Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: GA 7.51 Miles. I tried really hard for 8 miles but got scary cold and had to quit a little early. I ended up with bruising on my stomach it was so chilly. Yikes. Windchill was -14. Brr.



Wednesday Planned: LT 7 Miles with tempo portions by time
Wednesday Actual: 7.6 miles with LT portions. I accidentally had it in my head that I was supposed to do 8 miles, so I got really messed up with the turn around. It was super slick and snowy, so we opted to run run by effort instead of pace.





Thursday Planned: POWER
Thursday Actual: POWER

Friday Planned: Recovery 4 miles with strides
Friday Actual: Rest. I was considering going to a gym for a treadmill shake out run, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. So sore from POWER still.

Saturday Planned: Long Run 10 Miles
Saturday Actual: Long run 10 miles with Melissa. It was snowy and slick, so our pace was nice and easy.



Sunday Planned: Recovery 3 Miles
Sunday Actual: Since I skipped Friday's recovery miles, I set out for as many recovery miles as my legs felt comfortable with. I ended up with 6.55 miles through the snow!



Planned Total:
32 miles
Actual Total: 31.66 miles


No comments: