Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I don't DO 25+ mph winds....


And thusly (not a real word I don't think) should not live in the Midwest.  Right now it sounds like a scene from the Wizard of Oz (one of my FAVORITE movies) outside.  Tomorrow we're under a "wind advisory" from 3pm to 10pm, where the winds will be 35 to 45 mph.  Poor Tay has two softball games that he's pitching.  It might be a rough night to be throwing strikes.

I had a easy peasy 3 miler on the docket today and could not bring myself to fight the good fight against the wind, turning it into something much more difficult than easy peasy.  So I hauled myself to the gym for my first treadmill run in 4-6 weeks.  It actually wasn't too bad.  Ok, it wasn't great.  It was muggy in the gym, and I hate running next to people who are constantly checking out your treadmill screen.  Ugh.  AND I kept staring at my screen which caused the miles to slooooooowly tick by.

I wanted to keep the pace right around 9 minute miles, as my goal for this training plan is to actually run my easy runs at an easy pace.  Crazy concept, I know.  That way I can run bttw on my speed workouts, which is really so much more fun.  :)  I ran 3 miles in 26:30 for 8:50 pace.
1.  9:05
2.  8:47
3.  8:38

I meant to do situps and pushups during the Biggest Loser, but somehow was just too lazy.  Whoopsies.  I've really been slacking on that though, so maybe I'll do them before I head to bed.  Speaking of BL, what'd you think of the show!?!?!?  Oh and the bet pre-show was that I would tear up 7 times.  I'm proud to report that I WON the bet with only 2 tear ups.  Take that.

We had the most amazing dinner tonight!  Taylor grilled some salmon and we topped it with this spicy mango salsa.  YUM!  And then I cooked up some sweet potato fries seasoned with a little sea salt and pepper baked in the oven.  Seriously, this may take the place of taco pizza night as my favorite new meal.  I swear I could eat salmon for every meal and not get sick of it.  I really wanted to take a picture to share with you, but my camera batteries are dead, and stupid me, I bought the wrong rechargeable batteries for my charger, so I need to return them to get the correct ones.  :(

And I packed my lunch up for tomorrow:  spinach wrap with spinach (apparently I'm going for the Popeye resemblance manana) turkey, muenster cheese, and red peppers, along with a kiwi and the last caramel brownie of the batch.  :(  I also through in a yogurt for a 3pm-oh-my-god-I'm-starving snack.

In keeping with the Tuesday night of reality television, I also watched the Part 1 of the season finale of Real Housewives of New York (because 3 hours of biggest loser..ok not really, I dvr'd it so probably closer to 2 hours minus commercials....wasn't enough).  I pretty much want to punch Ramona in the face and think that Bethenney is the cat's meow.  Heck I'll birth her babies in 3 years if she wants me to.  Please tell me you also indulge in this horrible reality crap??

Fingers crossed that the winds aren't nearly as ferocious as they're predicted to be, otherwise my tempo run may consist of me jumping in the air and landing a mile away at breakneck speed.  Wait.  That actually sounds like a good idea.  :)

5 comments:

Mica said...

Ugh, we're getting nasty weather tomorrow too--strong winds and violent thunderstorms (plus hail). Let's hope that the weathermen are wrong so we can get our runs in, kay?

(If not, let's move somewhere with nice weather and run together.)

J said...

Great job on the run! The salmon with mango salsa sounds so good! I wrote it down and I will have to try to sometime!!

I enjoyed the biggest loser, not as many tear ups for me as when they ran the marathon but thats ok!

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Umm, I love housewives! I think they're all soooo stupid, but I do like Bethenny for sure. I want to punch KELLY in the face! What is her deal??

Um, Housewives of NJ is also a new fave. If you didn't catch it last night, you need to!

Jamie said...

Everytime I think I can't possibly watch one more second of housewives I get sucked in to the end of the show. I love crappy tv!

FLYERS26 said...

Nice pace to the run.
I only watched Biggest Loser on Tuesday, and 3 hours was waaay too long.
Love Salmon, that and tipalia I could eat everyday.