Friday, May 8, 2009

You go rain. Wash away that Pollen!

My race is tomorrow. Yay. It seems like I've been doing a race every other weekend, which is true, but only for the last 4 weeks. Anyway, the race I'm doing tomorrow is HUGE (for SoDak standards that is). I checked the registered list for the 5k last night and there are over 1200 people registered. To give you a good comparison the last one I did had less than 300. There are a TON of people I know who are running it which is awesome, but unforunately because I secretly want to beat all of them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the strained ab is healed and the legs are super speedy. :)

I was super excited when I saw the forecast for tomorrow: high of 60, overcast, little wind. Stupid me, that's the HIGH. Not the temp at 8am. No no, that's 45 degrees, with windchill is closer to 38. I'm so sick of race photos in my running tights, agh. I want to bust out the new running shorts!

Tonight should be a good time, one of our friends is having a grad party, so I volunteered to be Tay's DD, mostly because if left to his own devices, he would sleep through my race tomorrow, and then I would be forced to take time out of my post-race high to kick his booty. That just sounds like too much work. :) Unfortunately, it will mean very little sleep for me tonight.

Wow, this post is lame. Sorry for putting you all through this. Keep your fingers crossed for a looooooooow 25 time for tomorrow!

6 comments:

J said...

Good luck tomorrow in the race! cant wait to hear how you do!

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Goo luck tomorrow girl! You will to great :)

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Good, rather :)

Mica said...

Best of luck tomorrow! Fingers are crossed for low 25!

Jamie said...

Good luck tomorrow and kick all your friends butts! hopefully you feel better!

Unknown said...

Hey girl! You should be able to just add a widget to your side bar, blogger has an option to add a picture. That's all I did! So just like you added a text box, add a picture widget instead. Let me know if that helps!! :)