Friday, May 29, 2009

My running partner is cuter than your running partner.

It happened. Taylor ran with me. :) Ok, he's run with me once before, but it's been almost 2 years now, so I had assumed it was never going to happen again.
The scene: My bedroom.
The time 9pm (I had to work til 8pm, he had class until 8:30pm).
Jeri: I'll just go run once you fall asleep (he works at 5:30am) so we can hang out and then it'll be cooler out, unless you want to come with me. Hah hah hah.
Taylor: I was thinking I would....
Jeri: [jaw drops, immediately put on running shoes before he can change his mind]

He wanted to run about a mile, even though I tried to convince him to do two (he consistently runs about 2 miles on the treadmill, but hasn't run outside, well since our run together 2 years ago). It was a great run, and he did awesome. Apparently he thought I was going to tell him when .5 miles was up, but I didn't, sneaky me. I knew he could go 1.5-2 miles, so we stopped at one of my favorite bridges on my running route (.8 miles in) he stopped to stretch, and I continued on to the one mile mark, and came back, where I picked him up and we ran home together. He had a really strong kick the last .4-.5, so I decided to go along with him pace, and run a harder 2nd mile, and then have a "cool down"/easy mile my 3rd mile by myself. Overall the 3 miler was 26:29 for a pace of 8:50. The first mile was about 9 min. miles, the second around 8:30, and the third around 9. Because we stopped to stretch at the bridge my Garmin went weird and counted that as my first lap, so the laps were all weird.

I was really happy he came to run with me, and hope this won't be the last time. We even went through his schedule and determined the nights he could come running with me, and there's definitely a couple that would work, especially on the weekends. It would be really nice to have him meet me for the last couple of miles on a looooooong run when I'm tired and want to quit.

I did my sit up routine (still hoping to achieve Jessica Alba abs) pre-run, and followed up the run with push ups. I did 2 (then stopped b/c I was being critiqued, ugh), then 15, then 10. Then I spent the rest of the night asking Tay if he had tickets to the gun show. Ya I'm super cool. :)
Oh. And I swallowed approximately 5 gnats, and snorted one up my nose. Not included in the gnat death count are the 3-4 that were sent to their death by drowning on my face in my sweat. I love summer.

For Foto Friday, I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures in. the. world. It's at a friend's bachelorette party 2 years ago, at the skeezy bar in town (one of the only with a dance floor of course), that plays a mix of country music and booty shaking music, randomness, where I have only been hit on by old cowboys my dad's age. ANYWHO. Here my old roomie and I are enjoying a slow jam together. I think I may be serenading her. 2rue 4ever. :)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay on getting him out there! My hubbie sometimes meets me for the last couple miles of my long runs when the weather is nicer. It's always nice to have a running partner!

Love the pic!

J said...

That is great you got to run with Taylor! I try and get my bf to go running with me all the time but he likes to bike because his shins hurt when he runs! Hopefully you two can continue to run together! Have a fabulous weekend!

Mica said...

That's awesome that the two of you got out there for a run! Here's to many more runs together in the future.

Kim said...

Great pic! :)

How awesome that Taylor ran with you and you started to work out when you can run together. It's so nice to have the company sometimes. I did a long run by myself yesterday, and even though I DID need the time to myself, I was kind of thinking the run would have felt easier if I had someone to talk to.

Amy said...

Oh man, the day my fiance says he'll run with me...that would be a miracle! You are a lucky girl, lol.