Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Should Have Known....

Whenever you have the "worst run of your life" (because I tend to be overly dramatic I tend to over use statements like "best _____ ever" and "worst ____ of my life" pretty frequently, rest assured I still mean it), it's almost a guarantee that the "best run of your life" is just around the corner.

After being Bummer McBummerson after Thursday tempo run, I was tweeting with Chad about his recent sucky run.  After some slight convincing I came to terms that the crappiness of late is probably more the result of the weather than of me just plain sucking.  Which was a relief.

Saturday I was up with the sun to head out for my long run.  I had 13 on the schedule, but just *had* to bump it up to 13.1.  This was necessary, yes?  I was shocked that the temp was in the mid 60's.  Yes, the humidity was at 97% but let's focus on the awesomeness of semi-cool weather pleeeeeeeeeeease.  Not only was the run fairly quick, but it was fun and effortless (for the most part).  Hello running mojo, let's never break up again, k thanks.

This is the first long run I've done in a long time on the weekend.  Since I've been racing so much, I've been squeezing them in during the work week at insane hours, and I forgot how much I love being around other runners.  It's so nice to see some familiar faces out and about enjoying the beautiful morning.  There were some areas on the trail that were as flooded (if not more so) than Thursday night, but for some reason it didn't drive me cuckoo like it did for the tempo run (thank God).

I ran through puddles that went up to my ankles for 20 seconds....no biggie.  My feet squished and squeaked for the next 5 miles until I doubled back and ran through it again....no problem.  I ran the first half in 1:02 and the second half in 1:01, so I really ran pretty consistently through out.  I was starrrrrrrrving the last few miles, so I definitely need to remember 3 GUs for race day, and maybe eat a smidge more for breakfast.

I did 13.1 miles in 2:03:03 for a pace of 9:23.  Which is my magical auto pilot long run pace....so creepy.  In case you're a new-er reader, almost all of my long runs and easy runs whilst MARATHON TRAINING!!! (<---Oh how I miss writing that.....) were creepily at that pace.
1. 9:15

2. 9:20
3. 9:39
4. 9:35
5. 9:34
6. 9:29
7. 9:29
8. 9:26
9. 9:18
10. 9:18
11. 9:36
12. 9:20
13. 8:56
.1 :48 (8:17 pace)

I made myself ice bath after the run for the first time since last fall.  Not so fun, but my legs felt awesome afterward.  I rewarded myself with a trip to the water park to soak up some sun and also for a night out of the town with some of my favorite people.
We tend to make each other cuter in photos together. It's like magic.
Ze boys.
The head on my beer was atrocious.....
Favorite random photo of the night.  Hahah.
And at one point I thought it would be neat to take pics of everyone through their beer glasses.  This is mine. :)

9 comments:

KovasP said...

Insert beer goggles comment here.

Emz said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO excellent. Awesome run!

Julie said...

Woo hoo, Jeri had an awesome run! Yea, way to get the mojo back:)

Heather said...

Glad you had a decent run!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!!!

I always say best, worst, everyone, no one! I love to exaggerate (but like you, I own it!)

X-Country2 said...

Awesome run/awesome night out. :o)

Jamie said...

Yea for best ever runs! Looks like a fun night after too :)

Glenn Jones said...

Nice run Jer! 60's with 90 percent humidity is pretty common around these parts and it *is* awesome running weather!

Penelope said...

YAY for fabulous weather and good runs!!!