Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Weekly Training Recap

I set myself up for a good week on Sunday night when I crawled into bed at 9:30pm. 4:45am alarm, here I come! It worked, because I rolled out of bed no problem. I had my best ashtanga practice yet as I'm finally seeing some openness and increased flexibility in my hips and it's allowing me to get further in certain poses. 

Before bed on Sunday I sent off a text to Megan to see if she'd be interested in joining me for a run at 6:30am when we were both done with our yoga classes. She said yes and I met up with her for an easy three miles. I'm starting a new training program this week for a 10k in mid June. I haven't ran since the beginning of March so I have a bit of work to do. 


Wednesday I worked a weird to me schedule and was able to attend Andrea's BarreAmped class. She's a beast and I always leave her classes feeling stronger.

Thursday I had big plans to go to yoga sculpt, but I over-indulged on my last lunch before the 28 day TransFORMation/Whole30 thing kicked in, and my stomach was NOT feeling it.

I also had big plans to go to ashtanga Friday morning and meet Megan for a run after, but my stomach continued to be mad at me. Luckily by late morning I was able to get in my miles. 4 miles is my long run distance these days, guys. 

Since I had the day off, I was also able to attend my favorite power vinyasa yoga class (thus ensuring I had to shower 2x on Friday aka the WORST).

Saturday I had to work so I took a rest day.

Sunday I went to power vinyasa yoga again. Since it was day 3 of the 28 Day TransFORMation, I thought this graphic was really appropriate. Mmmm ice cream.


No comments: