Thursday, May 14, 2015

Yoga Teacher Training Weekend Five

Friday we kicked off teacher training at 4:30pm with a Manifest Flow lead by Lora. It was beautiful and incredibly thought provoking and brought me to tears. After class we went back to the studio to talk about energy.

Saturday we started the day with a Chakra Flow. After class we talked more in depth about Chakras, which is my favorite subject of the moment, so I was excited! 

We also spent a lot of time working on assists. I'm still fairly new to yoga, and the studios I practice at don't do a lot of assists during class, so I feel like I'm way behind on knowing what to do! It was nice learning and practicing on each other to feel more comfortable. We did some round robin practice teaching of the Surya Namaskar A and B as well as a portion of the Lotus Master Flow. Putting my memorization skills to the test!

Lora also talked to us about meditation, and took us through a 20 minute guided meditation. She really liked my shirt. :)




Sunday was spent practicing our surya namaskar A and B sequences incorporating the breath, sanskrit, and english poses. Each of us practice taught, which means we did about 40 total sun salutations in 2.5 hours. We got done early on Sunday because we had a 9.5 hour day on Saturday. Somehow Sunday felt longer than Saturday. Yoga messes up your sense of time, man.

No comments: