Monday, October 16, 2017

High Vibe Festival

A couple of weekends ago, myself and some fellow yogis loaded up and headed down south for a one-day yoga festival. Friday night we headed out for a delicious dinner and drinks with some other Sioux Falls yogis, and then we went to bed pretty early in anticipation for our big day!

Our hotel was right next to an awesome breakfast spot, so I convinced Julie to join me to fuel up for the day. Avo toast and a beet+orange juice was heavenly. Food coma good.



Then it was time to head to the festival. We started off the day with a huge class as a community in the middle of a field. My girl, MC Sweet, lead the class, and it was the most magical way to start the day. She had a singer/guitar player sing us through savasana, and it was Stevie Nick's Landslide, which was a song my mom used to sing all the time. The festival was two days after the anniversary of her passing, so I had all the tears. Savasana tears, so necessary.



Next up was a class led by our yogi friends from Sioux City. Jackie owns the most beautiful studio. It's exactly what I'd dream of having if I owned my own space. Gorgeous. Her and Jianna led us through a really challenging but fun flow as well.








We had a great lunch nearby, and I was ready for a nap. But it was time for more yoga! I took 5 total classes during the day for 7.5 hours of yoga. Woof. I was one sore girl, but how do you say no to classes taught by friends and teachers you only see once in awhile?! You don't.


It was such a lovely way to spend the day with my teacher friends. Can't wait for the next one!


No comments: