Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Weekly Reads: Genuine Fraud

Genuine Fraud is the newest book by e. Lockhart. I was counting down the days for this book to come out. I love her books! There are always twists and turns and a big reveal that makes you want to immediately restart the book and read it from start to finish. I finally had the chance to read it non-stop on Thursday and despite knowing I was going to wake up in the 4s for the coffee run, I committed to finishing it! And... I was let down. I still love her, and love her writing, but maybe my expectations were too high?

My rating: 3.5 stars

Summary from Goodreads:

The story of a young woman whose diabolical smarts are her ticket into a charmed life. But how many times can someone reinvent themselves? You be the judge.

Imogen is a runaway heiress, an orphan, a cook, and a cheat.
Jule is a fighter, a social chameleon, and an athlete. 
An intense friendship. A disappearance. A murder, or maybe two. 
A bad romance, or maybe three.
Blunt objects, disguises, blood, and chocolate. The American dream, superheroes, spies, and villains. 
A girl who refuses to give people what they want from her.
A girl who refuses to be the person she once was.

No comments: