Thursday, March 15, 2018

Purple Hair Yet Again

A few weeks ago, during a week I wasn't yet training for all the spring half marathons, Kyle was out of town, the BRF was out of town, and I didn't have to work. What do people do when they don't have any obligations and no one to spend time with?!

Well, this person finds some old purple hair dye from the back of the cupboard and decides to put it in her hair. The last time I got my hair done, I wanted to get my hair much blonder. My hairstylist went a more icy blonde which is cute but super hard to maintain as a warmer gold kind of head of hair, naturally. I started using some purple shampoo which was helping, but I was just over the color and ready for something new.





I left it on twice as long as I previously had since it was an older bottle, I wasn't sure if it had lost some of its potency. I barely rinsed it with cold water, and loved how it turned out!!


I knew the next week it was going to fade fast because I was starting training again the next week, but I did manage to go a good 3-4 days without washing it and just using a lot of dry shampoo. Some days it looked purple, some days it looked blue, most of the time it looked blurple (blue+purple), other times it was a grey/lavendar (aka the days where there was too much dry shampoo).



I took a million selfies daily to document it, and actually spent time doing my hair for work. This is not usual for me. I knew that the color was going to go fast, so I wanted to have as many snaps as possible before it did!


One of the days I took my dad to the doctor and he didn't even notice I had done it. Geez dad. granted he was going in for cataract surgery so it's entirely possible he just didn't see me 100%. :P



I'm somewhat convinced that my four mile race went well because my hair matched my shirt.


I think my favorite hue was about 3-4 washes in. The dark had faded from the dark of my hair, and the light in my hair was a light violet. So fun.


Bye bye purple hair. Until we meet again! (or I attempt a different color).

No comments: