Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall Photo Shoot

Monday I was dreading going for a run.  My legs were sore from racing then long runnin'.  But it was sooooo beautiful out.  I convinced myself that I should take my camera since it was just an easy paced run.  Then I had an even better idea.  Take out Miss Polly Sunshine, because who knows when the last bike rideable day is, right?  I went 9 miles in an undetermined amount of time.  I kept stopping and starting my garmin when I was stopping to take pictures, but at one point forgot to restart it and never started it again.  Oh well.

I love the colors of fall, I love fallen leaves, I love bridges, and I love Miss Polly, so they are my inspirations and subjects of the shoot.

This is my favorite of the group, and sadly it was taken while I was actually biking.  This is right before my favorite part of the trail.
I love the windiness of the trail, so I tried to capture that here.
Also, there are hundreds of pine trees planted in rows here, so every time I run through it, it smells like Christmas, and I love it even more.
A zoomed out version of the windy trail.
I love this bridge, but I've never actually run across it, it's off to the right of my regular route.  I think it's just a bridge to get access from the main roads to the trails actually.
Polly is just chilling while I attempt to be a photog.
I may complain about our bitterly cold/miserable weather, but it doesn't get much more beautiful than fall.
Love the crunchy fallen leaves.
Coming back over the bridge.
Peek a boo.
I thought these were beautiful with the bright orange tree peeking out in the background.
The sun is setting behind the river.  (P.S.  It's getting COLD and I'm still 4.5 miles from home.  WHOOPS!)
My second favorite shot of the bunch.  This is my favorite bridge on my route.  And I love how the sun is still just barely peeking out before setting for good.
The super calm river from the bridge.  It was mondo windy so I don't understand how it was so crazy still.
Got to have the reflection shot, no?
I was going for something more artistic here.  It didn't work that way, but I love how bright she is next to the dark colors of the bridge and river.

18 comments:

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Wow, what a fun ride on Miss Polly Sunshine. This is South Dakota? Beautiful. I have only been to the Black Mts and Badlands area of your great looking state. I new someone who attended the Law School in Vermillion. He just complained how cold it was. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend and Happy Halloween! Boo!

Jen Feeny said...

*Le Sigh* The only thing I miss about living up North is Fall. Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures - makes me want to take my camera outside!

J said...

I wanted to do the same thing but its been raining here the last few days : ( Maybe tonight or tomorrow will be better!

RunToTheFinish said...

so pretty!!! glad polly was able to get out again this season, she's going to be so lonely this winter

Amy - the gazelle said...

That is so pretty! I missed autumn so much when I lived in LA, but fortunately I am now in a place that has all four seasons! :)

I'm glad you got out for that bike ride!

Jamie said...

What a beautiful trail! Nice pics!

Mica said...

Man, what an awesome photo shoot! You are such a fall hipster with that bike!

Anonymous said...

that bike is toooo cute! I'm glad you finally got to take her out, before it gets SO cold!

Even though I dont' like what Fall brings (ahem, WINTER!), these colors really are too gorgeous to ignore.

Susan said...

Fall is so pretty...especially with those bridges around! But I definitely agree...I don't like what comes after fall!

Susan said...

Fall is so pretty...especially with those bridges around! But I definitely agree...I don't like what comes after fall!

Alyssa said...

awesome photos!
Fall is so beautiful, I feel blessed to live up North because of it's absolute beauty (despite being FREEZING at times). It just makes us that much tougher, who can say they do long runs during a blizzard?

Sarah said...

Great photos! I need to move there - so pretty!

Unknown said...

what a pretty trail! great pics, miss polly's such a great model...-cw

No Longer Using said...

great idea!!!! i love this photo shoot!! it's gorgeous! i also love you got your bike in some of the pics, really feels like we are traveling. also it just appears so quiet!!!!!!!! i love that! thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Awesome pics!! We don't get much fall beauty down in Charleston so it's so nice to see pics like this. It looks like a really nice trail to run and bike.

Zoë said...

Gorgeous pictures! This time of year is great for photo lovers. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm definitely now following yours. Happy running!

Glenn Jones said...

Wow. What are you doing saying that you are jealous of my beach pictures? Those are some AWESOME pictures! I am TOTALLY jealous!