Monday, October 5, 2009

A Ninja Recovery Run

It's cold here.  Sunday when I was getting ready for my recovery run, I realized I needed to bundle up.  Since the long sleeves I had wore for the long run the day before were still wet (eew.) I had to find something else to wear.  Look what I found!  An under armour long sleeve that I nabbed at TJ Maxx for $16 (back when it was still 95 degrees here).  Score.  I put on my black capri tights and was throwing my hair up in a pony when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  Whoa!  Where'd the ninja come from?!?!  Of course, that prompted me to take some ninja-inspired photos.  I'm such a loser.  :)  Thank God I had pink shoes on to counteract the ninja-ness.  

Disclaimer:  After I realized how ridiculous I looked, I threw on an old school (we're talking summer before senior year of high school 2001) tye dyed green shirt over the top.  Fashion crisis averted!

Disclaimer #2:  I'm really not this skinny.  It is definitely the all black that everyone claims is so "slimming."  Because, eew, I look groooooss.

Ok, seriously, the face in picture #2 is amazing.  :)  Anyway, the run.  I did 3 easy miles in brrrr cold weather.  I did the 3 miles in 27:57 for a pace of 9:19.

1. 9:29 
2. 9:21 
3. 9:05


Alright, I'm going to go fight some bad guys, or whatever it is that ninjas do.

10 comments:

Mica said...

Nice ninja faces and poses. You're one slim, bad-ass mofo!

Jen Feeny said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greatest pics ever!!!!!

Susan said...

hahahhahah LOVE IT!

Jamie said...

Nice! Love the ninja pics!

Julia said...

ahhh haha. Loveeee the ninja pics!
You reminded me that I need to go get more long sleeved shirts. Why can't it be warm all year? boo! haha.

RunToTheFinish said...

love it!! now I"m not the only one posting totally ridiculous pictures

No Longer Using said...

no words. okay words: PICTURE PERFECT. i love it.

Glenn Jones said...

I'm not sure what to believe here Jeri - the ninja poses or the "I'm really not this skinny" line...

I need to keep my eyes out for those sales too. Right now I have to rifle through my sons (both of them) dressers to find some warm clothing. Thank goodness I can wear their clothes. Now all I need to do is grow about 3 inches so I can see the tops of their heads....

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Fun! Great ninja poses! Bad guys on the streets of South Dakota look out!

I am curious of how you deal with the cold back there. As I mentioned there was temp. threshold living in Kansas I would not even try to endure. I would typically say no to running in anything below 27 degrees. I did go out once when it was 10 degrees once - learned real quick how dumb that was!

Impressive split times.

Anonymous said...

HA!! the face in pic two is priceless. ;)

Ninjas fight Pirates. Duh.