Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Love My Parents

I was chit chatting with my parents on the phone tonight giving them the details about the race on Saturday (yes, I'm going to do it because I feel pretty a-ok right now, and yes they're driving 45 minutes to watch me run for less than 24 minutes....fingers crossed anyway....and then driving back home another 45 minutes because they are SUPERFANS!).  

My mom asked if I had started to buy my cold weather running clothes yet or if I was still waiting.  I told her I had been looking but don't have the $$ to get them with this month's paycheck (yes, I get paid once a month, and yes it sucks...good thing I'm a credit counselor and can budget my money to a T).  She asked how much I was planning on spending, and I estimated $200.  She was shocked that I was going to spend that much but offered to give me an advanced birthday present to help out with some of the funding.  Then in the background, I hear my dad say, "Go ahead and get what you want and tell me how much it is.  I'll give you a 'You're a great daughter and I love you present.'"  To which I laughed off.  Until my mom mentioned later in the convo that I should take dad up on the offer.  Apparently he wasn't kidding.  SCORE!

I'll give you two guesses as to what I'll be doing as soon as I publish this post.

If you answered:   
Any other suggestions, get them in asap.  This girl's got a winter weather wardrobe (3 points for alliteration, hey yo!) to purchase.  :)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, I love dads:)

Kathleen said...

Thats so sweet of your daddy :)
And nike.com is my fave site. ever :)

X-Country2 said...

Awww, parents are the BEST. Happy shopping!

Jamie said...

so sweet! happy nike.com shopping (I LOVE nike!)

J said...

That is really great that they are going to help you out! Running clothes and the sport of running has become so EXPENSIVE!! I can't believe it! I am just hoping that Santa is very good to me!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that sounds like something my Dad would say. He's also the reason I have a garmin - whoop! :)

go get some cute (i mean...warm) clothes!!

No Longer Using said...

hheh!! GOOD LUCK!! :) i love my parents too. awww.

Mica said...

Woohoo, dads are awesome and so nice!

Enjoy buying some cute running things and good luck!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Can your adopt me?

Good luck in your race.

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

sorry - that was - can your DAD adopt me.

Glenn Jones said...

Yes. We are great (just ask my kids).