Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Biking is Boring + New Running Clothes

Since no one reads my blog to see how my "stationary biking" is coming, I'll make sure to keep that portion of the post short winded.  :)  So far on my NO RUNNING plan, I've done 45 minutes of hills for 9.5 miles on Thursday, and 60 minutes of hills for 12.35 miles on Friday.  Both times were pretty boring.  I am making some headway in the stacks of fitness magazines I haven't had time to read. Partial success!

Ok on to the fun stuff.  :)  I received my new running gear that I ordered from Nike. WHOO! Unfortunately, most items didn't end up as I had expected. The jacket feels like a thick wind breaker. And while it looks super cute on, I can't justify $90 on a jacket that I don't think is going to keep me warm or protected this winter. I'm going to send it back and get the Target jacket that was 1/2 the price, and much much warmer. Also, the hat is crazy crazy thin. Now I understand you don't want something super heavy causing you to sweat and be even more cold, but this hat is a bit of a joke. Le sigh.

On a positive note, I'm in l-o-v-e with the pants. They are awesome. I've already wore them twice. First on my long run with tights underneath, I was actually hot towards the end in the 25-35 degree temps, and again on Monday night by themselves in a low 40s temp. They are awesome. Super comfy. And actually flattering (because you know that's part of requirements for running gear!).


Update on the sweet Target jacket.  I bought it last week for the cheap-o price of $35.  Well when I finally tried it on I realized that a small wasn't exactly very small.  So I took it back to see if they had a itty bitty size.  Wahoo, they did.  AND it was on sale!  $29.99.  I wore it on a bike ride this weekend and was toasty.  I think I'm in luuuuuurve.

In other running consumer-whorism, I also bought some new running tights.  I already have a pair but they're a $15 walmart pair (from my EARLY high school track days), so I figured I could get a new pair especially since I was saving so much $$ on my returns.  I found these beauties at TJ Maxx marked down from $50 to $16.  Doesn't get much better than that, huh?

Also, because I'm still in love with them, please enjoy another shot of my shoesies.









Self Timer Photo Blooper Reel
(This is the point where I realize it's much easier to have a boyf to take pics of you in your new gear.  Jeri + self timer = total suckage)

no second timer instead of 10 second timer.  Jeri=fail.


This is what I look like while backing up to get in position for the photo.  ACTION SHOT.  Still....fail.

17 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the action shots! All the stuff is super cute. You know I didn't think my super thin Nike hat would keep my head warm but seriously it is amazing. I love it. Although I did recently purchase another hat because I like running stuff!

Kathleen said...

YAY for new running clothes!
On the bike, I like to double-task and study for whatever test I have coming up....mostly I end up reading Cosmo instead however. Either way, it makes the horrible-ness of biking up hills in place a LITTLE more bearable..

Anonymous said...

Yippie for new clothes! Although, it sucks when you have to send things back. And yes, the self timer thing ...it doesn't work out so well for me either.

Mica said...

Well, I'm glad some of the stuff worked out!

Ha, I fail at self-timer every time, 100% of the time.

Jen Feeny said...

LMAO at the "action" shots! You always crack me up girl!

Anonymous said...

Ah, sad about the Green jacket! But, I bought one from Target too and Looove it. So, you saved some dollas and made the right choice! And yes, "flattering" is in the requirements for Any type of clothing. Running or not. ;) ha

Susan said...

Yay for new running clothes! And I love the "action shots" at the end...classic!

Zoë said...

Hahaha blooper reel! I love getting new running clothes...and yours are super adorable. Too bad the green jacket didn't work out though. :( Oh, and it looks like TJ Maxx is on my list...

J said...

Cute new gear! I want some new stuff but I think i might wait for Christmas! I just hope I can make it till then! Hopefully it wont get too cold out!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Too bad about the jacket. That green is you.

I was in Target a few weeks back helping my son purchase Birthday gifts for a friend. I came across a Champion Jacket with yellow shoulder/arm stripes that was perfect. Cheap as well. Thanks for the money saving tips!

How is the foot?

Glenn Jones said...

Nice looking running gear! Sweet!

You know, I'm out shivering in Underarmor and two layers these days and it's just below 60.Yes. I'm a wimp. I can't fathom running when it 20 outside! Much less when the full force of winter hits!

Unknown said...

New running clothes are so much fun! And catching up on magazines is about the only redeeming quality about stationary bikes in my opinion...they are so boring!:)

Aron said...

love love love getting new running clothes!!!!! yours are very cute :)

Trying To Heal said...

love the accident/didn't work out shots! and dude, we don't need boyf to take our pictures...self timers are always dependable...;)

Heather said...

Nice new running wardrobe! Makes me want to go shopping. :)

RunToTheFinish said...

yeah for wonderful running clothes!! I love my pullovers that are dry fit for the winter.

yes the stationary bike...boring

Steel Springs said...

TJ Maxx is the best! Yeah for new running clothes!