Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 5

Monday Planned: GA 8 miles
Monday Actual: 8 GA miles with Chris, TRF! Zero pics, so who knows if it really happened or not. IT'S A MYSTERY.


Tuesday Planned: LT 10 miles with 5 @ 15k-HM pace
Tuesday Actual: Rest day. 


Wednesday Planned Recovery 4 miles
Wednesday Actual
LT 10 miles with 5 @ 15k-HM pace. I had really talked myself out of this run. It was hot, and I didn't have a buddy. I messaged so many friends, and finally found Melissa to join me for the hard miles. To complete this hard of a workout is a huge mental boost for me! 60 minute POWER session in the morning and 60 minute stretchy yoga in the evening.




Thursday Planned Rest
Thursday Actual: 4 mile recovery run to the SFWR Gear Swap. Which means I ran the 2nd 2 miles carrying a $10 pair of winter running tights. The weather was so cool (mid 70s) that my heart rate averages mid 120s for the recovery run. That's insane! Also no photographic evidence, goodness I'm losing my touch!


Friday Planned: Recovery 4 miles
Friday Actual: Rest. I didn't work until 12:30pm and had to work a very involved teen lock in event until late, so I opted to sleep in and skip the beloved coffee run so I wouldn't be so exhausted Saturday morning. Spoiler alert: I was still exhausted Saturday morning.


Saturday Planned: Long 16 miles
Saturday Actual: 16 miles! Whoop! This long run was hard. My legs just felt heavy. I was on my feet a lot on Friday for work, and despite attempting 10-15 minutes of legs up the wall before bed, they just felt terrible. I think they're starting to feel the miles. Still a nice steady paced long run. So happy to have company.






Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Recovery 4 miles. I wanted to do anything but run after work, but I did and I was shocked at how well my legs felt, given their heaviness from the long run.



And then I went home and had a celebratory beer for hitting my mileage goal and making it to a cutback week.




Total Mileage Planned: 42 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  42.14 miles

No comments: