Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 8

Monday Planned: LT 11 miles with 7 @ 15k-HM pace
Monday Actual: 11 miles mid-long. I was optimistic that maybe the forecasted heat wave wouldn't be as bad and we'd get in the tempo miles. And then the temps just kept creeping up and creeping up. 95 degree heat index after work, no thank you. I think 11 miles will be just fine at whatever pace I can survive at. Thanks.




Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: Rest + recovery. Foam rolling and 30 minutes in the recovery boots.





Wednesday Planned Med-long 10 miles
Wednesday Actual
Med-long 10 miles. I had hoped to do my 7 tempo miles in this run and recruited Melissa to join me. I started the warm up and my HR was in the 160s-170s. I felt like I was gasping for air and couldn't breathe. I stopped to see if it would come down, but it wouldn't. When I met up with Melissa I let her know I would just need to take it easy. Luckily after chugging a couple of bottles of water, it finally settled down to normal. I guess I was just really dehydrated. yikes. Also morning POWER for 60 minutes.



Thursday Planned Recovery 4 miles
Thursday Actual: Recovery 4 miles but not without a pretty significant amount of time procrastinating in my car in the heat. For some reason, these short runs are the hardest ones for me to get going on. Recovery runs are so great for you, but mentally, I just wanted to go home and go to bed. I listened to Kara Goucher on Carrie Tolefson's podcast, and I felt like I was running with them, which helped immensely. I also played the game of how low I could keep my HR so that I felt ok for my LR just a few short hours later.










Friday Planned: Long 18 miles
Friday Actual: Long run 18 miles. I started with the coffee run gals and had company for the first 2.5 miles.   I wasn't excited to do a mostly solo long run, but knew it was good for me to do mentally. About 1.5 miles from my turn around I stopped for water and a bathroom break, and I encountered a really sketchy gentleman, so I gave him a stare down to let him know I was aware of his presence and as soon as a dude runner came up heading in the opposite direction I jumped in and hauled booty along with him. I ran into a runner friend a mile later and warned her about stopping for water or a bathroom break, and she opted to turn around and run with me for a bit. Those miles flew by, and the quicker pace helped shake out my legs. When she left me, the remaining miles flew by. This was one of the strongest long runs I've ever had.





Saturday Planned: Rest
Saturday Actual: Rest. Sweet sweet rest.


Sunday Planned: Recovery 4 Miles
Sunday Actual: 4 miles of recovery. My stomach felt like crap after eating a cupcake (oops) so I probably deserved it but, bleh.




Total Mileage Planned: 47 miles

Total Mileage Actual:  47.06 miles


No comments: