Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 7

Monday Planned: GA 8 miles
Monday Actual
Med-long 12 miles. I had company for 12, and it allowed me to not have to break up the run into two on Wednesday and meant I could get to bed at a decent hour (since I do POWER at 5:30am, a double run leads to a very late bedtime). We set out to do 8-12, depending on my legs, and after mile one I felt great and we were on for 12. I was surprised at how well this felt given how terrible 15 was just a couple of days prior. I was nervous that I'd recover really slowly since it was such a miserable day. Nope! 




Tuesday Planned: Recovery 5 miles
Tuesday Actual: Rest


Wednesday Planned Med-long 12 miles
Wednesday Actual: GA 4 miles. I had every intention of 4+4 with yoga in the middle but my stomach was angry all day, so I called it good after the first four and went right to bed after yoga.


Thursday Planned Rest
Thursday Actual: GA 7 miles. It was so incredibly hot and humid this was a slow slog of a run for me. But even crappy miles still count, so I focused on running with a strong form and eventually it was over.




Friday Planned: Recovery 4 miles
Friday Actual: Recovery 4 miles at the coffee run. I was so thankful that someone wanted to run a nice recovery pace with me. I was even more thankful I had that person when we ran under a bridge and someone was sleeping under there. 


Saturday Planned: Long 16 miles
Saturday Actual
Long 16 miles. Possibly the best long run I've ever had. I did the first 9 with Melissa and then she had to run ahead to make it to her 5k. I picked up the pace a bit after she left since I wasn't talking. And even with a faster pace, 78 degrees and 80% humidity, my heart rate was still crazy low. Yay fitness!







Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: 2 Recovery miles. My knee felt a little wonky but seemed to be ok.




Total Mileage Planned: 45 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  45.14 miles

No comments: