Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Dallas Training Week 2

Monday Planned: GA 8 miles
Monday Actual: GA 8 miles. Some hills, finally felt back to normal and the run was amazing. Phew!







Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: Rest 



Wednesday Planned VO2 Max 8 miles 5x600m @ 5k
Wednesday Actual
VO2 Max 8 miles 5x600m @ 5k. Kristin joined me for the workout, which was great. We saw a car get hit and drug by a train, which was crazy, and then proceeded to run the most consistent repeats of my entire life time. We dressed as bananas for the cool down run, obviously. It was Halloween after all.








Thursday Planned Recovery 4 miles
Thursday Actual: Super easy recovery run. I wanted to keep it extra easy so Friday's long run wouldn't feel so hard ~14 hours later.





Friday Planned
Long run 16 miles
Friday Actual: UGH. 0 miles. Thursday night I was super cranky and wanted to go to bed at 8:30 p.m. I woke up 2 hours later and was so congested I couldn't breathe, my head was pounding and my nose would randomly start pouring out snot. I went back to bed thinking I'd feel better later in the day, but I only felt worse.


Saturday PlannedRest
Saturday Actual: I had hoped to move the long run to Saturday. Luckily for me, I had to work and just didn't feel well enough to go for the run after a full day of work.



Sunday PlannedRecovery 4 miles
Sunday Actual: Again, I had hoped that I'd be able to get in my long run. I even had company for the first and second loops lined up. After 90 minutes of work, and clammy sweats, I cancelled on my buddies, opting for another rest day. I feel like since I put my hope to run another marathon out into the world, my body is PISSED. Fingers crossed next week is a strong, healthy one!



Total Mileage Planned: 40 miles
Total Mileage Actual: 20.1 miles

No comments: