Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Weekly Reads: An Absolutely Remarkable Thing

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing is by debut author Hank Green. You may be familiar with Hank Green if you're a Nerdfighter, but if you're not, his brother is John Green and he's equally as awesome. I was super excited to check out (hehe, library joke there) his new book. The story was a little slow moving to me, and had I not volunteered to review it for the young adult book committee I serve on, I may have returned it to read at a later date. Once I got to the final 100 pages, I couldn't put it down. So a good story, but the pacing was just not my favorite.


My rating: 4 stars

Summary from goodreads:

The Carls just appeared. Coming home from work at three a.m., twenty-three-year-old April May stumbles across a giant sculpture. Delighted by its appearance and craftsmanship--like a ten-foot-tall Transformer wearing a suit of samurai armor--April and her friend Andy make a video with it, which Andy uploads to YouTube. The next day April wakes up to a viral video and a new life. News quickly spreads that there are Carls in dozens of cities around the world--everywhere from Beijing to Buenos Aires--and April, as their first documentarian, finds herself at the center of an intense international media spotlight. 

Now April has to deal with the pressure on her relationships, her identity, and her safety that this new position brings, all while being on the front lines of the quest to find out not just what the Carls are, but what they want from us.

No comments: