Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Race Goals: Banquet 10k

Tomorrow is our local Banquet 10k, a benefit for the local homeless shelter in town. It's a donation based race with no official timing, and last year was my first time doing it. It was my last race of 2017, and I really surprised myself with how well I did.

This year's race is 2-ish weeks before the Dallas Half, so I'm hoping it can serve as a confidence boost for a strong half. Last year, I averaged an 8:33 pace, which I was really pleased with. This year, I'd really like to hold a 8:15 pace for the race. I'm unsure what the race course is this year, as the race site has moved and it sounds like the route will be through the fairgrounds, which I'm not sure how that'll work. Regardless, I hope to run a strong 6.2 miles to kick off Thanksgiving!

A goal: Under 8:15 pace.
B goal: Under 8:25 pace
C goal: Faster than last year.

I'm choosing to focus on the overall paces instead of time goals, since a donation-based race like this will typically not be an exact race distance, which is totally fine. But I want to stay focused on my pace and not let a wonky distance mess with my brain. And I get to meet Melissa for extra miles before and after for 10 for the day.

Gobble gobble!


No comments: