Wednesday, August 5, 2009

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go......LIE

First of all, false alarm.  Yesterday's post was NOT 100.  Nor is today's.  Immediately after I hit post, I remembered that I had a few random posts that I was working on back when I started this blog that I never posted/finished/had a desire to finish.  So ya.  Happy 97th post to yesterday.  Sorry to get your hopes up.  :)

To be honest, I haven't gotten any further in my packing than I was at last night.  Luckily, everything that I have left to pack I can't do until after I shower and stuff tomorrow morning.  Tonight I have plans to carb load...hehe any excuse I'll take it... at Redrossa with an old-coworker.  We may or may not head to one of my favorite restaurants for some delicious drinks at Ladies' Night prices.  

Behold, my running outfits for the race.  I wish I could tell you
 this was all I was packing, but I'd be lying.  In addition to the stuff I'll be wearing on my legs, I also have track jackets, some sweats, extra socks, etc.  There is a chance I'll be sitting on my suitcase at 9am tomorrow morning to help it zip/close.  SO MUCH CRAP!  I am excited to break out my new tanks though for the race.  Whoo.  Oh btw, the ceramic frog planter is not coming to Colorado with me.  I was just too lazy to move it out of the way.  :p

Today I got to leave work at noon so I could get everything in order for the trip.  Since it was still nice and cool and I had plans for this evening, I took advantage and did my last run before the relay.  I had an easy 4 miles to do.  My legs were still slightly tight, so it made it easier to go at a slower pace.  However, 75*F may SEEM cool, but when the sun is out in full force, I become a sweating banshee.  Ah yi yi.

I did 4 miles in 37:40 for an avg. pace of 9:25.
1.  9:27
2.  9:28
3.  9:18
4.  9:25

After I got done running, I felt some yoga was in order to help loosen up the muscles.  I forget about how great yoga makes me feel.  Definitely something I need to incorporate more into my routine.

I guess this is my last post until I'm back from the mountains.  I'll whip up some race reports faster than you can say, "sweet Jesus, why did I sign up for this relay!?!?!"  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck lady!! I can't imagine packing for this little adventure of yours - crazy!!!

absolutely can not wait to hear your race report!! :)

Kristin Miller said...

GOOD LUCK! My hubby showed me this race from New Haven CT to Boston Mass, same deal as yours, and I contemplated how cool that would be. AND YOU'RE THAT COOL! :-) I messed up my 100th post too after I read yours I checked my list...two unpublished drafts! I'm trying to do a giveaway and marketing scheme. Stay tuned.

Jamie said...

Good luck!!! I can't imagine trying to pack for that. I have 2 suitcases and I only came home for 4 days!

Cindy said...

good luck!! i love all the green in your running outfits--such a great color.
have a great trip and best of luck!

Jules said...

See you tomorrow!! I can't believe how much stuff I have laid out to bring with me. We might be strapping things to the roof :)

J said...

Good Luck in the relay! have fun with all the girls and enjoy it! Hope you get that suitcase closed!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! You'll do awesome!

Mica said...

Good luck with your legs of the race! You have rockin' outfits, and I know you're going to have a great time!

Unknown said...

Good Luck in the relay...ya'll are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to read all the reports!

X-Country2 said...

So excited to read all these race reports. Good luck!!!

No Longer Using said...

i incorporate some yoga into my regular post-run stretching always-- the warrior variations, low lunge, down dog... it just works!!! i miss the "real deal feel" of actual flow yoga though!! i need to get to a class.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your running stuff looks all ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO GET 'EM!!!!!!

(and lol about the 97th post, no worried!!!!)

RunToTheFinish said...

OMG!!! we did it!!