Friday, February 9, 2018

605 Racing Team

Last fall the running store I teach yoga at and run with announced a racing team! I was just getting back to running and really wanted to apply but I know myself enough to know that sometimes when I get really excited about running again, sometimes I get hurt. I really wanted to apply, but I was hesitant.

Shortly after the Ocean View half marathon, they again posted applications for positions! I actually applied while still on vacation in Massachusetts. Ha. V. excited. #understatement

I had an interview late in the fall, and got the inside details on the spring 605 Half Marathon. I don't know what was harder to keep a secret, the half or being on the team?!

We had our first event as a team the weekend after the F^3 Lake Half Marathon--Saturday group run followed by breakfast. Since I was on a recovery week, I did 5 miles with my friend Melissa (Toni was out of town, yes I was sad, yes my replacement running buddy showed up wearing the same thing as me--unplanned, but no we didn't take pics because I didn't want to make Toni feel worse for not being able to attend).

The doughnuts were legit. Even though I had told my buddy on the run that I was going to try to cut way back on sugar to see if my stomach would feel better. I immediately forgot that topic once confronted with a fruity pebbles doughnut, cream filled, natch.




I love that the race is filled with regular age group winners, middle of the packers, as well as those that bring up the sexy pace (what our women's running group refers to when we talk about slower paces). The group is so representative of all runners, and I love that. 

605 Running Co. stands out in being so incredibly inclusive to all runners, not just those that are breaking the tape at local races. I can't even express how much I appreciate that.


I can't wait to see what our racing tops look like for 2018! And to wear it for a PR or two.... ;)



No comments: