Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Spring Half Marathon Training Week 4

Monday Planned: GA 5 miles
Monday Actual: 5 miles around town in the falling snow and covered roads/sidewalks.





Tuesday Planned:
 GA 4 miles
Tuesday Actual: Super cold, windy and -15 degree windchill temps. So I took a rest day.


Wednesday Planned:  LT 8 miles, 20 minute LT, 4 min recovery jog, 16 minute LT
Wednesday Actual: 
LT 8 miles, 20 minute LT, 4 min recovery jog, 16 minute LT. Such a challenging run mentally, but I nailed my paces and then some. Wahoo!



Thursday Planned: 
 GA+Speed 7 miles 10x100
Thursday Actual: We got a pretty significant amount of snow starting in the afternoon which wiped out the chance of a run after work. Womp womp.


Friday Planned: Recovery 4 miles
Friday Actual: 
GA+Speed 8 miles 10x100 by myself (wah!) around town in the snow. Three loops around town later....




Saturday Planned: Rest
Saturday Actual: Recovery 4 miles. I somehow managed to drag my butt outside at 9pm to do my recovery miles, solo. Amy Cragg's Tokyo Marathon performance was certainly the inspiration. Amazing.





Sunday Planned: Endurance 13 miles
Sunday Actual: Unofficial Jeroni Half Marathon. Through all the ice and slush and the miles flew by.







Total Mileage Planned: 40 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  39.12 miles. I REALLY wanted to run an extra mile on the long run to hit 40, but didn't.... because of all the ice and it being dark.

No comments: