Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Spring Half Training Week 2

Monday Planned: General Aerobic + Speed 7 miles 6x12 sec uphill, 6x100
Monday Actual: General Aerobic + Speed 7 miles with a million x 100. First of all, I thought I was supposed to do 8 instead of 6. Oops. And then there are exactly zero hills or even an incline in Tea, so I threw in a few more for good measure. We got 3 or 4 inches of snow, so I was bound to the roads slipping and sliding around. Oh and the wind chill was -10. Uff da!





Tuesday Planned
Rest 
Tuesday Actual: Sweet sweet rest. More snow!



Wednesday Planned LT 8 miles, 16 min, 12 min with 4 min jogs in between 
Wednesday Actual: Another day, another solo run. Luckily for me, I was off at noon, so I was able to run when the sun was still out. Unluckily for me is that a snowstorm brewed up in my 2 mile cool down, and I spent it running into freezing cold blowing snow (-2 wind-chill). At least I nailed my tempo sections!!





Thursday Planned
Sanford POWER + Recovery 4 Miles 
Thursday Actual: Sanford POWER and going to bed early. So much snow, so much below zero temps again. Good gracious. I did sleep for 11.5 hours so I'll take my award on that front.


Friday Planned: GA 4 Miles
Friday Actual: Toni and I chatted Thursday before bed to determine our threshold for Friday morning, as the forecast was super cold yet again. We discussed -10, we discussed -13, and we landed on -12, because -13 would be unlucky, naturally. I woke up, checked 3 weather apps, all said -14.  I texted Toni, "-14 gnight". and went back to bed. And then my stomach was angry all afternoon when it was actually nice enough to run. Grumble.



Saturday PlannedRest
Saturday Actual: Rest.


Sunday PlannedEndurance 11 mile
Sunday Actual: 11 miles through the snow packed and slick roads. We ran every road in Tea, some twice. I had some random aches and pains all over my legs during the run. I think my legs are sick of running on winter this week. Spring, where are you!?!








Total Mileage Planned: 34 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  26.64 miles. I'm a little bummed to be short on mileage, but this week was tough with the extreme cold and the non-stop snow. The fact that I hit 3/3 on my key workout/runs for the week should earn me an A+/gold star.

No comments: