Friday, May 19, 2017

Brookings Half Celebration

After the race, Toni and I stuck around to chat with other runners, cheer people on, and most importantly, get our free Nick's hamburgers. Little bite sized bits of heaven, those burgers are. And free to runners, but runners must wait until 10:30am to get said delicious bites of heaven. Thank goodness Toni had sunscreen or I'd be a lobster. We cheered on some fellow runners, I caught up with my friend Megan who was doing the marathon relay with her Crossfit friends and eventually we made lunch plans. Nick's burgers were just an appetizer if you will.

We went to Cubby's for our lunch (or would you consider it breakfast at 11:20am?). And I ordered a beer immediately. Also a lemon water, because I was still so. darn. thirsty. All the thirst lives inside of me. I took my obligatory post-race beer + medal picture and enjoyed the heck out of my Surly Furious. Mmmmm.



I couldn't decide what to order, so I ordered as if I had ran 26.2 miles instead of 13.1. Oops. Waffle fries + buffalo chicken nachos. Hello lovers. I ate and ate and ate and ate, and then I was full. And it looked like I hadn't eaten anything. I had so much leftovers, that I needed assistance carrying it to my car once we got to Toni's. Yay dinner!



After dinner, we made a quick stop at the delicious coffee shop in Brookings so I didn't fall asleep in the middle of the drive home (Toni was driving, so no worries about my GIANT surly beer consumption), no one likes a passed out co-pilot!

I quickly realized that Megan and I hadn't yet taken a photo! So we snapped one quickly before we said goodbye. I seriously have the best friends. :)


No comments: