Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Brookings Half Training Week 10

Week of April 24-30

Monday Planned: Lactate Threshold 9 miles with 38 at LT
Monday Actual: A super warm and thigh chafing success of a run! Because I had the worst long run (or run in general, for that matter) the day before, I was worried all day long that my legs would be dead again for this run and I'd have to call it early. From the first few strides, I knew that wouldn't be the case. We did 3 miles warm up around 4.25 miles of lactate threshold and then a miserable crawl (or so it felt) of a cool down for the remainder of 1.75 miles in which I had run out of water and my skin had chafed within an inch of my life. YAY RUNNING!




Tuesday Planned: Sanford POWER
Tuesday Actual: 60 minutes of Sanford POWER. Felt so good after taking a week off. I missed it. Reminder to self: don't miss POWER!


Wednesday PlannedEndurance 10 Miles
Wednesday Actual: Endurance 8 miles. We got a slightly late start which is problematic when I have to be back at the store to teach at 7pm. Coupled with a late lunch that sat in my chest the whole run, I thought I was one inhale/exhale away from seeing it a second time. While I felt like crap, my legs felt awesome and springy, and we managed a sub 10:30 pace for the run despite feeling like I was dying. Weird.



Thursday Planned: 3 miles recovery
Thursday Actual: Rest. Kyle was heading out of town for a fishing tournament, so I went home to hang out with him for a bit and took a rest day with lots of foam rolling + sticking + myofascial release balls.

Friday PlannedLong Run Progression 12 miles, increase pace last 2 miles at LT
Friday Actual: An AWESOME 12 mile long run with 2 miles at half marathon goal pace. The miles flewwwwww by and felt awesome, and we were able to talk the whole time (and even sing in some parts). Oops. My legs felt great, and I felt like I was holding back the whole run. Great set up heading in to the half. Our overall pace was just 8 sec/mile slower than my half in January. #progress



Saturday Planned: Rest
Saturday Actual: Rest!

Sunday Planned: 3 miles recovery
Sunday Actual: Rest. It was a torrential downpour all of the minutes I wasn't at work. It was not worth it to run for some recovery miles. Woof.

Total Mileage Planned: 38 miles

Total Mileage Actual:  29.1 miles

No comments: