Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Brookings Half Recovery Week

Week of May 15-21

Monday: I was finally able to take a cycling class at the new yoga and cycling studio in town. I was super excited, but planned to take it fairly easy since I was recovering from the race. 45 minutes flew by.



Tuesday: 60 minutes of POWER. I had wanted to do another cycling class, but I was pooped after POWER so I didn't.


Wednesday: 4 miles at the group run. My left knee didn't feel good before the run, I had a lot of pressure behind my knee cap. It didn't bother me during the run, but teaching yoga after the run was a challenge. I realized on my drive home from yoga that I hadn't foam rolled since Sunday so I remedied that when I got home.

Thursday: Rest and more foam rolling + stick. Left knee was really sore, couldn't extend it all the way.

Friday: See above. Grrr.

Saturday: I taught a 60 minute yoga class at the brewery. My knee was feeling better, but still not 100%. When it hurts to kneel and do cat/cow, it's probably not a good sign. I foam rolled a LOT after class and took an epsom salt bath.

Sunday: Another cycling class. So much fun, and I felt recovered enough to push myself more than Monday's class.

No comments: