Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Brookings Half Training Week 12 Race Week

Week of May 8-14


Monday Planned: Race pace + speed 7 miles 4x100 strides 2 miles at HM pace
Monday Actual: Rest. I had a monster headache and all of a sudden it was summer in town. I thought the mix of a harder run in the heat would maybe kill me.

Tuesday Planned: Recovery 5 miles
Tuesday Actual: Race pace + speed 4.25 miles with 2 miles at HM pace. It was a roasty toasty morning, but I got it done. 60 minutes of POWER in the wee hours of the morning.


Wednesday Planned: Recovery 4 miles
Wednesday Actual: 4 recovery miles that felt like absolute garbage. Another warm run, and my legs felt like crap.


Thursday Planned: Rest
Thursday Actual: Rest.


Friday Planned: Recovery 3 miles 4x100 meter
Friday Actual: I accidentally slept in and missed my run.

Saturday Planned: Brookings Half Marathon 13.1 miles
Saturday Actual: Brookings half!

Sunday Planned: Rest

Sunday Actual: Rest.

Total Mileage Planned: 32 miles

Total Mileage Actual: 21.4 miles

No comments: