Thursday, December 13, 2018

Dallas Fort Worth Trip Part 1

I got up super early Thursday morning to head to the airport. I had a really short connecting flight in Chicago, and I was super nervous about missing the flight. I talked to the flight attendant when I boarded (of course I was in the very last row of the flight) and she said as long as we didn't have any delays, I should be able to make it as long as I was wearing my running shoes.

check!

And then we sat around for an hour waiting for a de-icer to come de-ice our plane. Ugh. I figured I likely wouldn't make my next flight but luckily there were a lot of flights heading out of Chicago to DFW for the day, so I was pretty confident I'd be fine. But I'd never missed a flight before. PANIC. When the flight landed, I had 20 minutes before my flight was scheduled to leave. And it took forever to get off the plane. I sprinted my little heart out from one side of the airport to the other and arrived at my gate approximately 2 minutes after they had closed boarding. The gate attendant was less than friendly as I stood there with sweat pouring down my face, but the gals sitting in the gate area were super impressed with my sprint up and felt bad I had missed my flight. Thanks for the sympathy votes ladies! Luckily customer service was super pleasant and easy to work with to get me on the next flight. And that gave me a few minutes to de-sweat while I waited. Photo heavily filtered so you can't see how sweaty and red-faced I am.

I got in just an hour and a half later than previously expected, and I was starving so we made our way to a cute lunch spot. We had a short lunch since we needed to get home to meet Dom's kids on the school bus. They beat us home and were super bummed that dad was there to get them instead of Jeri. Hah.


 Again heavy filters because I look like I had woken up at 4 am and sprinted through an airport. After some time at "home" we got ready for dinner. Tex-Mex for the win at Fuzzy's with a nacho plate as big as my face and a delicious marg. If you need us, we'll be eating all the tex-mex that DFW has to offer before I leave. After we got home the kiddos went to sleep and Dom and I stayed up to watch an obnoxious Christmas movie before calling it a night.


Friday morning we got up, and I dilly dallied about going for a run before eventually opting to skip it. My left glute was really bothering me (I think it was from trying to sprint up the escalators in Chicago, but who knows). So I opted for an extra rest day. We made our way to the expo in Dallas.

But first a stop for brunch at Pressed Cafe. Super excited to wear my official bRUNch club apparel, even if I was missing my brunch buddy, Melissa!

  

I had a delicious egg sandwich that was the messiest thing in the world to eat. 

 


After brunch, we made our way to the expo, which I'll chronicle in a post soon! We came home to see the kiddos and eventually got ready for dinner at Mashed. I had looked at the menu before I left South Dakota and was super excited to try it. The food was delicious veggies and the drinks were phenomenal. Two of the best drinks I've ever had probably. Mmmm.

 

 

 



After dinner we went to an outdoor ice skating rink and we had a blast. The girls hadn't ice skated for a long time, so it was a lot of fun to help them learn how to skate. Cheyenne graduated from holding on to the side of the rink, to skating with me holding her hands, to holding on to just my pinky so she could learn to use her arms to catch herself and balance, to skating on her own and even attempting to learn to skate backwards. We had so much fun. Even Dakota was skating on her own by the end of it. I tried to get in some speed skating to attempt to loosen up my tight glute but also tried to be pretty careful so I didn't hurt myself before the race. I did finally perfect my forward to backward turn which usually results in my spinning uncontrollably and/or falling.







No comments: