Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Dallas Training Week 6+7

Monday Planned: GA+Speed 6 miles w/6x100
Monday Actual: GA+Speed 6 miles with 6x100 and a giant fall on my left side. Woof.




Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: Rest


Wednesday Planned VO2 Max 9 miles, 2x1200, 2x1000, 2x800 @ 5k
Wednesday Actual: My hip was hurting badly enough that I opted to skip this workout to be on the safe side. 


Thursday Planned Recovery 3 miles 
Thursday Actual: GA 6 miles. I attempted to make up some miles. We kept them pretty easy since I had my LR the next day.




Friday Planned: Long run 10 Miles
Friday Actual: Long run 10 miles. Solo, boring, and I finished way too many miles on the bike trail in the scary dark.




Saturday Planned: Rest
Saturday Actual: Rest


Sunday Planned: Recovery 4 Miles
Sunday Actual: Epsom bath.




Total Mileage Planned: 32 miles
Total Mileage Actual: 22.4 miles

------------------

Monday Planned: Dress rehearsal 7 miles with 2 @ MP
Monday Actual: Zero miles. I had plans to run with Chris because he had a million miles to run and I just bailed. I had a 1000 reasons, the most prominent being the slick snow packed roads and the fact that I fell on dry land a week prior. Derp.


Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: Rest.


Wednesday Planned Recovery 4 miles
Wednesday Actual: GA 5 miles. I went to the group run early to get in an extra mile. YAY me.


Thursday Planned Rest
Thursday Actual: Travel day. Rest. JK I sprinted my ass through the Chicago airport to attempt to make my connecting flight after my flight from Sioux Falls was delayed an hour. Needless to say I didn't make the flight nor did I get any spectacular running data from the sprint. Harumph.


We spent about 2 hours ice skating in the evening. I alternated between speed skating and working on some turns and fun tricks, and then teaching Dom's kiddos how to skate. If you want to feel like a skating all star, travel to Texas from the midwest and suddenly your mediocre skating skills are pretty fab by comparison! 

Friday PlannedRecovery 3 miles with 4x100 strides
Friday Actual: I slept in. I really had every intention of doing this run, and then I ran out of time and we had a full day ahead of us. I did spend some time foam rolling, as my glutes were super tight from the aforementioned airport sprint, and I spent 15 minutes in some Normatec boots at the expo.


Saturday Planned: Shake out 3 miles with 4x100 Strides
Saturday Actual: Shake out 2 miles with 4x100 Strides, with Dominique!




Sunday Planned: 13.1 miles of the Dallas Half Marathon!
Sunday Actual: 13.3 miles of the Dallas Half Marathon.







Total Mileage Planned: 30 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  20 miles

No comments: